BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Games Workshop Q2-3 Schedule

via Steve the Warboss 4-2-2015

Games Workshop Q2-3 Schedule
    EARLY MAY
    Codex Eldar (allready confirmed by Lords of War)

REST OF MAY
    Warhammer 9th

EARLY JUNE
    Warhammer Fantasy Content

MID JUNE
    Codex Tzeentch Deamonkin

LATE JUNE
    40k Expansion Part 1

EARLY JULY
    Dark Angels vs. CSM Boxed Set

MID JULY
    40k Expansion Part 2

LATE JULY
    Warhammer Fantasy Starter Set

AUGUST
    Codex Space Marines

SEPTEMBER
    Warhammer Fantasy Content

OCTOBER
    40k Expansion Part 1
    Space Marines vs. Tau Empire Boxed Set
    via [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300/640125.page"]WhispererofTruth[/URL] 4-5-2015

Details on Eldar, Tzeentch & Dark Angels

Next 3 releases are still Eldar, DA, Tzeentch.

I've now heard the DA Tac. Squad isn't coming with this release. (Which in no way means the release list has changed, the release dates do NOT change. If isn't coming it simply isn't coming.)

The Chaplain I heard about is also apparently going to be released separately rather than in a box set as I thought originally.

It was specifically titled a "Interrogator Chaplain" rather than just DA Chaplain ala the Blood Angel Libarian.

So as far as I know the release will just be a new Chaplain and Codex.

Release date May.
    I heard it was a full new dex with a spotlight on the 5 major Craftworlds and some formations to represent some of their battle tactics. Whether the Craftworlds themselves will get anymore rules than that I don't know.

I heard new DA dex originally, but since this new tidbit I'm not 100%. I'm going to keep digging for new info.
    via Birds in the Trees 4-11-2015

Space Marines are one of the two "standard old school" codices that will be a full update this year.

The codex update itself is more of a minor refresh to bring it into alignment with the current edition design trends.

Minis coming are:

- Assault Marines box refresh/update

- New Chaplain (probably plastic)
    Last edited by Bigred; 04-11-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

expansion one and two? are we talking books like escalation, or the rumoured Assassins and Heresy boxed sets for example? so much scope.

Dark angels vs chaos space marines still seems like an odd choice.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Dark angels vs chaos space marines still seems like an odd choice.
    Agreed, what with Dark Vengeance already and the expansion sets for that I can't see what purpose yet another box set on the same theme would serve, especially when there's so many other factions that would benefit from being in a combo army deal box. Ad Mech vs Eldar for example would be far more interesting and likely sell better. I know I'd buy it.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

It's a bit odd that they just have "Warhammer content" while being so specific on what the 40K content is. Makes me a touch concerned for WFB.

Chapter-Master

maybe it is some sort of rebox again, maybe even just a new box design or something.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    maybe it is some sort of rebox again, maybe even just a new box design or something.
    Mmmm possible, but either way it still sounds like a missed opportunity. They're finally bringing out AdMech after decades of them being missing from 40k forces and there's no HQ model in the initial lot of releases (and certainly a desire for one amongst the playerbase). Put a character model Skitarii in a box with a couple units vs Eldar (due out soon) with them having a character model Autarch and a couple units of some sort and I think that's a box that would sell very well.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

I certain agree it doesn't seem like a great idea. we shall have to see, perhaps not too long to wait to find out.

Iron Father

Tzeentch.......... new Thousand Sons ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Tzeentch.......... new Thousand Sons ?
    Or some entirely new renegade tzeentch chaos marines we've never heard of XD
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

"It's a bit odd that they just have "Warhammer content" while being so specific on what the 40K content is. Makes me a touch concerned for WFB."

I think it's just a sign of how ill-developed the rumourmill is for WHFB compared to 40,000. A lot of people go hunting for juicy 40k nuggets and don't know/don't care about the WHFB stuff so much.

(This isn't a criticism, just how it seems to be.)
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast