BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Chapterhousestudiosreleases variant genestealer heads - Ymgarl

Hi guys,

First off looking forward to seeing everyone at BOLSCON 2010!

We (chapterhousestudios.com) have announced the release of some awesome head bits that look perfect for Ymgarl Genestealers.

We started working on the concept for these pieces last year, they can also be used as Cthuhlu heads. They are done in time for ‘Nid players to add some variety to their bug models. These were sculpted to customize 28mm models, and look great on genestealers.

If you want to check these out they are located at our main website, [URL="http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&category_id=34&flypage= flypage.tpl&product_id=70"]here[/URL].

Coming up next are some conversion kits for Farseer and Warlock Jetbike seer councils and Tyranid conversion bits for boneswords and lashwhips.

[email][email protected][/email]
    Last edited by chapterhousestudios; 03-08-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Librarian

Where have you been all my ( hobby ) life.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-18-2010 at 05:51 AM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

according to my local GW manager, the lawer army is waiting for the perfect moment to strike. dont know when thatll be though so good luck if they catch you

There is no law against making components that fit on someone elses products. All of the pieces you see, we developed the sculpts and concept art ourselves, the only thing that we share with GW models are the basic geometrics (shoulder pad dimensions, not design etc).

Even using the same names as a "descriptor" is legal, I cant go out and make a model and call that model a Genestealer, but I can make a component and say "compatible" with genestealer.

I would be interested in what the retail GW manager knows, does he know GW legal? I am doubtful that a low retail manager has much inside info, considering that most know less about "rumours" then anyone who reads a board does.

I am sorry, I am not coming down on you, I just hear stuff like this all the time, a lot of it is due to GWs indoctrining of the GW hobbyist, they would lead everyone to believe they own everything and have absolute authority, in realty they dont.

I think we are finally starting to see a richer bit and conversion market due to my company and 2-3 others that are finally toeing that line.
    Last edited by chapterhousestudios; 02-14-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Brother-Captain

It's legal, like chaperhouse says. Just look at all of the 3rd party iPod covers, 3rd party video game controllers and memory card, etc. The issue they might have trouble with is intellectual property rights (note: I am not an expert here by any means )

Occuli Imperator

I hope there isn't a loophole the can use to put your back to the wall causetjose are great looking minis! I mag wantto pick some farseer stuff up when I get back into eldar.
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Librarian

Excellent looking sculpts, sir. If you guys make some IG greatcoats I'd buy a lot of em.

We are slowly getting more sculptors on board who have areas of expertise. We really dont have an IG or human sculptor or an ork sculptor.

Hopefully in the near future we can attract someone talented in that area and bring them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    It's legal, like chaperhouse says. Just look at all of the 3rd party iPod covers, 3rd party video game controllers and memory card, etc. The issue they might have trouble with is intellectual property rights (note: I am not an expert here by any means )
    Well we try our best not to take IP.

I cant tell you how many request for some obscure chapter icon from one of GWs published books. I have to say no, unless there is a way to make the icon different enough, or its a public domain icon (like a saw blade).

The genestealer heads above look uncannily like GWs Ymargl heads, but there are differences. Plus I have dated artwork showing we were working on these 4-5 months before the new codex was even published. We had no idea that GW would "steal" our concepts :P.

Nick

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast