BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deathwatch FFG

Chapter-Master

Default Deathwatch FFG

[url]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=108&enmi=Deathwatch[/url]

w00t!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    [url]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=108&enmi=Deathwatch[/url]

w00t!

I believe sir....that w00t is a UNDERSTATEMENT.

Insanely awesometastical greatness since sliced bread!

I think this is a better statement.
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Librarian

yeah this will be awesome for no other reason than the crazy amount of background information about the Deathwatch and Ordo Xenos that will be there... I suppose the game might not be bad either
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Occuli Imperator

This game will be more than just good... I can't wait for it! I love Fantasy Roleplay and Im very happy they found a way to have a fluffy "kill-team," of marines with reasons to play different 'classes."

Very very excited about this one. I wonder if being from different chapters will give you different bonuses.

i.e.
    Blood Angels: Assault Bonuses
    Ultras: Tactical squad bonuses

Etc.
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Librarian

Im gonna be a Dark Angel Apothecary (perhaps in a dreadnought) hehehe
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Abbess Sanctorum

Meh, I really can't see what's good about it. Marines do not lend themselves to good roleplay. They just drop in, kill everything that doesn't praise the Emperor (and some things that do), and go on to the next place for killing everything. Just hack'n'slash, and if you want that you can go play dawn of war or the upcoming space marine game...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Pen and Paper hack and slash can still provide easy lowbrow fun. If the players are skilled, it can be even raised to a decent RPG level.

Personally I'd love to have more detailed info, I just hope it's fluffy like Rogue Trader and not a compilation of made-up-stuff like Dark Heresy.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Meh, I really can't see what's good about it. Marines do not lend themselves to good roleplay. They just drop in, kill everything that doesn't praise the Emperor (and some things that do), and go on to the next place for killing everything. Just hack'n'slash, and if you want that you can go play dawn of war or the upcoming space marine game...
    I'm sure someone can come up with a fun way to roleplay space marines. It might take some imagination though.

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Meh, I really can't see what's good about it. Warriors/Barbarians/Fighters/Wardens/[insert other classes from dnd] do not lend themselves to good roleplay. They just drop in, kill everything that doesn't praise the Emperor (and some things that do), and go on to the next place for killing everything. Just hack'n'slash, and if you want that you can go play dawn of war or the upcoming space marine game...
    Oh wait, I think good role playing depends on the player and not the character...hmm...

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Personally I am looking forward to this release. More insight on Deathwatch Kill teams? Yes please! I'm also interested in reading how FFG plans out the mechanics of playing one of the Emperor's Finest. The game mechanics from the previous two games we're fun, so i hope they continue the trend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast