BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

In one of the early HH novels, can't remember which one, there is a mention of one of the planets discovered during the earlier parts of the Crusade that was completely abandoned except for a lifelike exact replica of old Earth / Terra, perfect in every detail.

That's the Warhammer World, it's really tiny... lol. Like the galaxy inside the cat's collar in Men In Black.

I don't know where i got this but i thought that Terra and The "old word" were similar because they were a template created by the Old ones. That there were possibly many worlds that were made along the same parameters. The old world to me is in the Eye of Terror or some such place. Cut off from the rest of the galaxy by a huge warp storm.

Just stumbled across this site and thread and had to register as I revenly dug out my copy of Liber Chaotica and in it is a story someone who travelled the ether and seen great warriors called marines who travel upon vast plague ships and the greatest daemon prince of nurgle known as mortarion

Double post
    Last edited by pinball; 02-01-2015 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    In one of the early HH novels, can't remember which one, there is a mention of one of the planets discovered during the earlier parts of the Crusade that was completely abandoned except for a lifelike exact replica of old Earth / Terra, perfect in every detail.

That's the Warhammer World, it's really tiny... lol. Like the galaxy inside the cat's collar in Men In Black.
    It is in "Fulgrim" and these Worlds were Eldar Maiden Worlds.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Doesn't really make sense to me. The elven gods are still about and not eaten by Slaanesh, anyone can learn to be a wizard unlike psykers who are born that way, daemons don't enter the physical universe through a wizard's mind, the various lores and their winds are a thing, Orcs don't have an innate ability to make technology and probably more.

Oddly though, the old ones did come on spacecraft and accidentally brought the ork spores with them, and the polar gates sure sound like collapsed webway gates.

It hints at it but also contradicts it.
    You have to be born a wizard in Fantasy, there's an active warp gate on the planet so daemons don't have to pop through a wizard (though they used to be able to), and lores are like messing with the currents on a world about to become a daemon world instead of having to channel it through yourself from the warp. The lack of crazy orc tech is the biggest difference, but I'm not sure you couldn't write that off to interference from the warp gate.
    Orcs also squabble intensely on the Warhammer world, but through breeding, were turned into focused strategic thinkers (Black Orcs) by Chaos Dwarves, at least that used to be the story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12