BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

At the least, they'll have to either replace the finecast kits, or remove the models from the codex.

I honestly don't see them removing Crypteks, Lords, Overlords, and all of the special characters from the book, so we'll see plastic kits for most/all of those.
    But, seeing the trends, it could be that the number of named special characters gets cut back and a few of those kits get retired, and the special characters become Lords of War.
    Also likely to see at least one new HQ piece, maybe the Silent King, if the rumors are accurate from the Exterminatus book.

I think it's a 50/50 shot as to the survival of the Flayed Ones. Great flavor and fluff, but really, really bad in play. Could easily see these go away to make room for a new unit, of which we'll get at least one.
    Figure we'll get either a redo of the C'Tan Shards, or maybe some sort of new kit for them. Figure they'll have some version of them in the codex and the Finecast piece needs to be replaced.

I could be mistaken, but I think that everything else in the range is plastic already. So not much to replace.
    But I do see them adding at least one brand new unit and maybe a new vehicle of some kind--maybe some Necron Anti-Air--to make sure we buy some kits along with the the Codex/Supplemental Book 1-2 punch our wallets will already be taking.

Emperor be praised, this will be after the holidays, and I'll have holiday cash to blow on this stuff.

Fly Lord

via BoLS 12-11-2014
    Codex Necrons:

Schedule
    Crammed into the GW schedule right before the new year.
    Pre-orders Dec. 19th
    Street date: Dec 26th
    (Previous chatter from last month says first week of January)

Models
    Little to no new models (a la Grey Knights)
    (scattered chatter says perhaps 1 character clampack and 1 Destroyer/DestroyerLord plastic kit)

Rules
    Look for Nerfs to the following:

Doom Scythes
    Night Scythes

Tesla will get an overhaul to their rules.
    Deathray will receive a big overhaul to how it targets models.

Characters remain fundamentally unchanged.
    The Stormlord will recieve a Necron themed orbital bombardment of some type once per game.

Warlord Traits are good with some granting individual units USRs, while another listed granted an improved version of Reanimation Protocols

Rumors are rated: Above-Average, coming from known and unknown sources.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

They better nerf mindshackle scarabs. Emperor, do I hate those.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    They better nerf mindshackle scarabs. Emperor, do I hate those.
    If this is all they change I'll be happy.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Banned

I doubt it will be that little.

I expect the Royal Court to be completely changed. Either they will be upgrade units ala Broodlords, Sword Brethren, and Wolf Guard, or like IG Commisars, purchased straight out and assigned to units before deployment. Either way, we will likely see them gone as an independent unit.

Cool

I would say that Imotekh the Stormlord is going to be a Lord of War alongside the Transcendent C'Tan, Terrasect Vault and Obelisk. The remaining special characters will be in the book although I think Anrakyr the Traveller may be cut from the roster as aside from improving a unit of Immortals he does not add anything more than normal Necron Lord would.

JvK

What about the transcendent C'tan, of all things in 40k that need a real beating from the nerf bat!?!
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    What about the transcendent C'tan, of all things in 40k that need a real beating from the nerf bat!?!
    I've never played against it - I have no idea how bad it is.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    I would say that Imotekh the Stormlord is going to be a Lord of War alongside the Transcendent C'Tan, Terrasect Vault and Obelisk. The remaining special characters will be in the book although I think Anrakyr the Traveller may be cut from the roster as aside from improving a unit of Immortals he does not add anything more than normal Necron Lord would.

JvK
    Anrakyr the Traveller has a very recent model though, I don't know if they'll drop him but yeah, he doesn't add much game or fluff wise, if they were going to cut one, it would be him.

As long as they leave Trazyn. I love Trazyn.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Anrakyr the Traveller has a very recent model though, I don't know if they'll drop him but yeah, he doesn't add much game or fluff wise, if they were going to cut one, it would be him.

As long as they leave Trazyn. I love Trazyn.
    Which one is the dude who can turn into a C'tan shard?

That guy is a douchebag :P

I had to kill him like 4 times in a single game with my wraithseer once. It was like a game of whack-a-mole for him.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast