BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Plastic Deff Dread, Killer Kans, Ven Dread and new IG vehicles up for preorder

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=8200015a[/url]

New goodies for pre-order include:

Battle Missions book

Plastic Deff Dread

Plastic Kans (kit makes 3!)

Plastic Ven Dread (loads of guns and options)

New Chimera and Bassilisk - Chimera has all the options, Bassie is just the Bassie

New Flash Git with hilarious targeter squig

Librarian

The plastic Ven dread looks sweet. Do i really want a 5th dread....
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Brother-Captain

I'm a little dissapointed in the bassie kit. Its looks like just a new chassie and they want 50$ USD for it?
    However I am pleased to see that they did not increase the price of the chimera - that would have been a deal breaker for me.

Edit: I can't tell if they dropped the accessory spru from the chimera - I hate painting treads, but for an extra 15$ - no thanks.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chaplain

GW now has a grand total of 2 Flash Git models!

I like how you get 3 Kans for £27. Instant squadron, although I'll bet I still need to convert a Grotzooka or 3.
    Sigh...

I really like the new Dread, but I haven't even bought the Ironclad I promised myself yet. I'm gonna have 4 dreads in the end, it seems.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

The Dark Mechanic

Notice that the Basilisk has no other variants in it, but it has the new easier to assemble chassis and tracks and it includes the tank accessory sprue so they can try and get $49.50 US for it now. I already have two Basilisks, I'm waiting for the other SPA pieces to be released.

The new Venerable Dreadnought will be a good piece for my new custom Space Marine chapter.

I don't do Orks but the Ork Dread and Kans look like a great improvement there for Ork collectors.
    The plastic Ven dread looks sweet. Do i really want a 5th dread....
    Yes, of course you do! My new Space Marine army already has one regular Dread done and three Ironclads. I was planning to convert a Black Reach Dread for a Venerable, but now I'll be using the new Venerable kit. That still leaves me three more Black Reach Dreads I think to do something else with.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 02-08-2010 at 11:46 AM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Librarian

Those Kanz are sweet... I'm really enjoying the Drill-arm, and the Grotzooka looks pretty cool, too. Glad they included a plastic one!

The Dred is gonna be some serious conversion fodder. Some really nice weapons in that kit.

I don't really like the Venerable... now every new Venerable out there has fought in the Badab war? Why? What if I start a Black Templar army, and want a venerable dread? He's coming with pre-written battles on his shell?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    I don't really like the Venerable... now every new Venerable out there has fought in the Badab war? Why? What if I start a Black Templar army, and want a venerable dread? He's coming with pre-written battles on his shell?
    "It has alternate heads, a bunch of different sarcophagi, armour plates, purity seals, wreaths and all the weapon options you would expect" - from What's new.

"Also included are: two different sets of ornate leg guards, three different helmets, six purity seals, two different pennants, a range of different sarcophagus armour plates, several sarcophagus designs, and a host of Crux Terminatus and other Imperial icons." - From the product page.

Looking at the sprue pics it seems like there are three other sets of side panels and four centre torso options.

Brother-Sergeant

I'm no Ork player, but those Kans and Dreads look smexy.

I'm smitten by that Venerable Dread and all the options it has for parts...Dang. This means I'm gonna need two of them...

Is 6 Dreadnoughts too much? Nah. Can't be.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    "It has alternate heads, a bunch of different sarcophagi, armour plates, purity seals, wreaths and all the weapon options you would expect" - from What's new.

"Also included are: two different sets of ornate leg guards, three different helmets, six purity seals, two different pennants, a range of different sarcophagus armour plates, several sarcophagus designs, and a host of Crux Terminatus and other Imperial icons." - From the product page.

Looking at the sprue pics it seems like there are three other sets of side panels and four centre torso options.
    Fair enough, I didn't see the glue-over blank plates on the sprue at first. Seems like an odd way of doing it... I'd think the "stock" option would be blank, with glue-in plates that have carved names... but whatever works better.

Chapter-Master

I already own 3 dreads (1 FW ven, 1 GK FW, 1 paper one) and with the new ba dex saying you can take 8 in mini thunderhawks, I;m going to have to save my money
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast