BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Hard to call much of this "spoilers" when it's not actually confirmed and in some cases is clearly being based off of stuff involving code-words (i.e. "Uber" is certainly not a character's real name).

But yeah, I understand wanting to avoid even potential spoilers.

Grand Provost Marshal

I'm quite a fan of the practical, multipurpose look of the new lightsabres.

Those aren't confirmation, those are rumours. There have been like a million 'leaks' of SW VII info already and most of them are contradictory. For example until recently Christie's character was 'confirmed' to be an Imperial officer, then rumoured to be a Sith, then an Inquisitor (force user but not Sith), now 'chrome trooper' whatever the hell that is supposed to be. Not believing any of it until it appears on StarWars.com
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Theory.

Sith dude/dudette there.....pace they're walking at, they look exhausted. I'm thinking quite possibly hunted rather than hunter.

Rumblings of flashbacks being used for the first time.

Ragged look to the Lightsabre, as if it's very old, or an earlier, more primitive design

I think that's a flashback, perhaps to a Sith purge, which lead to the Republic in the first place....bit of scene setting. We've had the fall and rise of the Jedi - why not The Sith as well? We've only had their rise so far.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sith fell earlier and went into hiding with Darth Bane (I think?) and the Rule of Two saying there could onl be two Sith at any time to avoid detection.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Who knows how far back we might flash

Also - is the Old Republic still proper canon, or now 'Legend' status like the latter EU?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Technically Legend status but possibly not going to stay that way. They were very clear it was Legends at first but since then they have been refusing to give a straight answer and htere is speculation it might get made canon given that it is 3400 years before the films so can't clash with them at all.

I guess.

Hmm. Could be a good opening gambit though. Well, I say good. Good if it pays off. To quote The High Aldwyn - Forget all you know, or think you know.

Chapter-Master

I'm not a SW fan at all, but I can appreciate the work put into this film and I think it is really f**king cool they have actually built real props and stuff, rather than going the CGI route as I am definitely more of a fan of practical FX.

I hope all you enjoy the film when it comes out.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Technically Legend status but possibly not going to stay that way. They were very clear it was Legends at first but since then they have been refusing to give a straight answer and htere is speculation it might get made canon given that it is 3400 years before the films so can't clash with them at all.
    While I still play the game and actually enjoy it, this would make me sad. SWTOR mauled a lot of the Tales of the Jedi story (basically just shoves Exar Kun into being nothing of note, has Naga Sadow buried on Korriban, changes Sadow's actual Sith sword to being a freaking training saber, etc.), and they wanted it to be instantly recognizable so it ends up feeling more like you're really playing the Clone Wars than something over 3000 years in the past, especially with the Palpatine Empire where it's such a copy that it includes the prejudice against aliens even when they work for aliens (and some of the "True Sith" know that Sith was a race originally, not humans who happened to use magic instead of the Force). They changed too much to make their own stories more important and make it easy for people to see as Star Wars.

If they make it canon but leave out the awesome stories in Tales of the Jedi (which had a much better aesthetic, IMO, because the ships looked older and not as sleek, and the Sith Empire wasn't a bunch of British humans being led by aliens bickering about those aliens while flying around in Star Destroyers), I'm going to be very sad.

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast