BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 156 of 400 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3995

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    How bad is the American political system? Well this gives an idea...

[url]http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/19/presidential-candidate-deez-nuts-does-not-exist.html[/url]
    I'll see your Deez Nuts, and raise you a Nigel Farage....

What? Farage is for reelz? Man......bummer!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Indeed, but he'd have little to no contact with actual peasants, so chances of him having his end away with any would be very slim. Besides, why slum it with the great unwashed when he could (and did) have his pick of maidens in court?
    less political ramifications? though I suppose his serving wenches etc might have been more than peasants

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I dunno, I thought English Kings had a surprising amount of contact with peasants by modern day royalty standards. For a start, they weren't required to marry someone of their own class like the monarchy has been since the Georgian period (until very recently, Kate was the first non noble bride in sometime I think), and often had mistresses and illegitimate children. I thought Henry VIII was particularly well known for his illegitimate offspring.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

I think these days he's just known for being very large and marrying six times.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    For a start, they weren't required to marry someone of their own class like the monarchy has been since the Georgian period (until very recently, Kate was the first non noble bride in sometime I think), and often had mistresses and illegitimate children. I thought Henry VIII was particularly well known for his illegitimate offspring.
    Yes they were, and if they didn't they had a king-sized *ahem* scandal on their hands. Although Henry VIII was pretty much your definition of a walking scandal... Church of England and all that jazz...
    You'll rarely find a royal couple that wasn't formed for mostly political reasons, all over medieval Europe. Just take the marriage of Henry V to Catherine de Valois - those two hadn't even met once when their marriage was arranged, and the main purpose was to put an end to the Hundred Year's War (which didn't exactly work out as planned, but hey...).
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

lol

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    I thought Henry VIII was particularly well known for his illegitimate offspring.
    I don't think so? Considering how utterly desperate he was for a son, and considering he had a grand total of four kids (three acceptable, one illegitimate) that reached adulthood from six wives AND multiple mistresses I think Henry VIII is best known for firing blanks. :P Because the one illegitimate child that survived was a son and Parliament was willing to pass an act to legitimise Henry FitzRoy so could become king, except he died at 17. Elizabeth I got the throne because there was literally nobody else they could find that was 1) in the potential line of succession and 2) English.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Banned

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!