BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Scout

Default Sinister Eldar - themed tourney army

Here is the work so far on an Eldar army I am building/painting for Fields of Blood here in New Zealand in September. Its an Iyanden/wraith theme with an original colour scheme.

The army is supposed to represent a sentinel force guarding a webway portal complex on an isolated arctic world. The caretakers are the farseer and his warlock assisstants who tend to the wraith constructs, while a small force of live Eldar rotate service from Iyanden to scout the world and maintain the complex's systems.

Most things made of wraithbone in the army have a dark stoney colour with 'spectral/spooky' imagery moving over its surface for the purpose of terrifying invaders. While the 'live' soldiers clothe themselves in arctic colours to hide themselves from the enemy.

Farseer

Scout

The Pathfinders who scout the arctic wastes

The wraithguard sentinels of the portal complex

Scout

half my jetbike squad - the rest are soon to be worked on

Fire Dragons - in my final list I've dropped the Exarch

These tank busters will have a wave Serpent soon with a dragon motif on the hull

Scout

Pre dragon wave serpent I have already completed my Dire Avenger transport

Its got a suitably arctic base now as well

PS and the shuriken catapults are not upside down anymore lol

Scout

Here is the first of a trio of Wraithlords, its the only one completed but number 2 is in the works

Anyway I hope you like what I've done so far and welcome any comments, the total force has to be finished within 7 weeks so expect updates often.

That's some downright jaw-dropping freehand work there. Nice looking army, for sure! I particularly enjoy your Fire Dragons, they aren't as striking as some of your other models but you did a good job of bringing the Aspect colors in line with the theme of your army. I imagine them firing gouts of fiery screaming souls much like the ones adorning the Wraithguard and your Wave Serpent.

Very nice freehand. I dig the theme you are going for...

Fantastic freehand work!

The only thing worse than staring down the field at wraithguard is when they're staring back!

Veteran-Sergeant

Holy WTFBBQ!!

This army is fantastic

Being an avid eldar collector myself im jealous of this army... Mine is wip, was Saim Hann is now going to be changed to possibly Ulthwe or Yme-Loc... So yeh stripping everything, titans, scorpion, grav tanks etc etc.

Just rebuilding a few units too...

In you army im in love with the fire dragons, their white eyes are amazing. its funny because i was wanting to do something similar to this with dulled down colors for all of my aspects... the white eyes are just amazing

Everything else is jaw dropping as well. Its nice to see someone else totting a 10man wraithguard troop squad. My new army will include this same choice.

Totally nuts, i love this thread its my favorite so far in the Lounge.

Please keep up the great work and give us more pics

Incredible work there man. Love the theme and the freehand work!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast