BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Angry Khaine already sold out!Wtf?!

Much to my dismay, I have found that hardcover Khaine book is sold out pretty much everywhere except Australia as are the softcover Nagash and Glotkin books. When did the pre_orders go on sale so early? Typically they would go on sale around 4-5pm Pacific Time.
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

They went up around 7.10pm GMT and we're sold out within 10minutes. There was a line of people at my local GW and there are now 8 people on a waiting list for the stores allocation next week. This release sold out in record time. Leviathan sold out in 4 hours last week, people expected a quick sell out, just not 10 minutes.

Dunno.

Timed it well myself, and got the book and cards ordered.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

They went on sale a few minutes after 7pm British time, just like they have every Friday since the Ork codex...

They moved the timing earlier this year: going on sale at midnight GMT turned out to be bad for Europeans, because the US crowd - for whom it's early evening - would snap everything up. So now they go up at 7PM GMT.

Why is Khaine sold out so quickly? Because the End Times is selling like hotcakes, yo.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

I was on the pre order page refreshing and as soon as I saw it pop up, I went to order it. It was already sold out. What, did they only print 100 copies or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Why is Khaine sold out so quickly? Because the End Times is selling like hotcakes, yo.
    Also, because not enough are made, which makes a downward spiral.

Nagash book was sold out in a day. People missed out because they were waiting for the white dwarf to come out first.
    Next up is Glottkin, which sold out in less than an hour, because everybody realized that waiting until the next day was going to cost you the book.
    Then came Shield of Baal, at which point my local GW had a queue of people hammering F5 waiting for the things to go live. Sold out in 40 minutes.

Queue today, where we simply counted heads (10 books and 10 decks of cards, check), had one guy order everything in rapid succession and then sorted out the whole paying-the-storekeeper bit later. Sold out in 30 minutes.

Is it because the series are so popular? Perhaps.
    I also think there are a whole lot of sharks out there who think they can quickly buy several copies and sell them for a profit on ebay because the "regular" edition seems to be just as limited as the limited edition.

These things are printed months in advance.

So it seems likely this one was printed on pre-Nagash expectations.

With End Times seemingly being successful beyond all expectation, it's no surprise that as this juncture there will be a dearth of copies.

Softbacks are coming, and seemingly at a decent pace with Glottkin already up as a softie.

It's far from easy to predict print runs. Too many, and stuff gets pulped - and you don't necessarily get your money back. Underestimate, and it can seem you've done it deliberately. For the most part, there is no happy medium!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I see there are already copies up for sale on E-Bay, 'Buy It Now' for £110. These people are no better than ticket touts.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

you know what would solve all this....market research
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast