BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Chopper continues to be one mean mother****er:
    I'm loving the corvette in that clip. Looks like a cross between the Jedi cruiser from Ep I and a weeny Venator, with the addition of a nose fork.

Which makes me think: I kind of hope they'd compare notes with FFG and put a Raider in there sometime...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's not weak.
    Yes, it is, but:
    It's Vintage Straight Leg Kicking Action.
    So it gets a pass.

It was weak with the Original Trilogy (especially with G.I. Joe figs being released at the same time), it's weak now. But Dang! if doesn't get the nostalgia going.

Brother-Captain

It's not weak.

It's Vintage Straight Leg Kicking Action.
    I just meant by today's standards, I certainly have no problems with it at all. Even picked up the Sabine for myself last week. I don't play with anything, just display, so the minimalist in me is happy.

The lack of articulation in the basic figure range is a source of great discontent amongst collectors who, not happy with having the Black Series collector range and a whole new 6" Black Series collectors range, also want the cheaper line to have the same level of articulation as the collectors range and the same level of paint quality but at a lower price. The fact this isn't happening is a sign that Hasbro is dying, Star Wars action figures are on the way out and at some point Disney is going to swoop in and buy Hasbro to save their merchandise. Hasbro is committing the cardinal sin of neglecting Star Wars for Transformers while also neglecting Transformers for Star Wars, the cunning barstuds. As we all know they will also purchase Games Workshop, being the unstoppable toy behemoth that they are.

I spent some time lurking on various toy forums, it was illuminating and hilarious.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

So it's not just GW that have a very bizarre fan base?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, role on release of the toys for Episode VII.

Since I'm in charge of family Christmas this year, having figured that after 37 years Mumsie Mystery is totes due a Chrimbo off, I shall be procuring a new Milennium Falcon for my bro.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Nope, TF collectors seem pretty obnoxious and never happy with anything and with weird obsessions about nonsense things like parts being hollow and magically being able to tell the quality of plastic from terrible grainy photos and things either looking too much like they did in the 80s or not enough and all kinds of nonsense.

SW collectors just seem to think nothing Hasbro ever does is good enough, every figure should be super articulated and have superb paintjobs while also costing no more than they did ten years ago and preferably be packaged in vintage style packaging.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I see.

Me, I still hope they re-release the vintage stuff, because it's cool.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well what Hasbro did a while ago is hav the Vintage Collection, which was modern super-articulated figures in vintage style packaging which was pretty but also not exactly eye catching for the kiddies in my opinion, being black with photos on. I really like the new Rebels packaging actually, it's bright, it says Star Wars at a distance and the quality of the figures have been nice also. Those from the show anyway, some of the general figures released after the rebranding like Darth Sidious were hilariously terrible.

I just want to buy the stuff i had when I was a kid. Because proper, non-hipster nostalgia.

How is it non-hipster for once? Because I was actually there man!

Brother-Captain

I think the new package for rebels all around is great. The bright colors make it distinct from any other star wars products and so you know it's the new waves, even if there are older figures in them, and the pictures of the figures on the sides help when searching through pegs.

But then again, having to search through no more than 12 figures is nothing like as a kid having to search through a 4ft x 4ft wall of pegs full of figures to find the 1x royal guard you need to make 6.

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast