BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marneus Calgar vs. Bone Swords

Tyranid Prime bone sword wounds inflict instant death on failed 3D6 leadership test.

Does Marneus Calgar rule "God of War" protects attack bikes from instant death?

Does morale test and leadership test are the same thing?

Chaplain

Moral checks and leadership tests are not the same thing, actually. See leadership tests on page 8 of the main rulebook, a leadership test is a type of characteristic test and separate from moral checks.

Leadership tests are different than moral checks. Check page 8 of the main rulebook for rules on leadership tests.

Marneous Calgar only allows you to choose or fail moral checks, not leadership tests, so boneswords affect units under his command normally. Yes, you can instant death the bikers if they fail their test.
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Is bonesword's a psychic test that can be negate with a psychic hood or wolftail talisman or does it work all the time?
    Last edited by Lupin; 02-03-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Librarian

Doesn't Calgar have Eternal Warrior. I've read the Bonesword entry in the codex but doesn't mention bypassing that rule. I maybe wrong though.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

its not for him, its for related units with combat tactics in regard of the "God of war" rule.

My question remains : Can bonesword be negated in any ways?

Librarian

With the exception of Eternal Warrior i don't think so as it's a leadership based problem.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    Is bonesword's a psychic test that can be negate with a psychic hood or wolftail talisman or does it work all the time?
    Boneswords do not require a test to make them work, the test is being taken by the wounded model. The answer is no, boneswords cannot be stopped by anything except for Eternal Warrior.
    Embarking =/= Nemesis Force Weapon

thanks alot!

When looking at the bonesword, consider that it is functionally identical to the Dire Avenger Dire Sword. The Exarch is not a psyker, therefore no psychic test come into play. Interestingly, the Dire Sword is slightly better as it does not cause instant death, but kills regardless of wounds.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Zijan View Post
    When looking at the bonesword, consider that it is functionally identical to the Dire Avenger Dire Sword. The Exarch is not a psyker, therefore no psychic test come into play. Interestingly, the Dire Sword is slightly better as it does not cause instant death, but kills regardless of wounds.
    Maybe, but it's also strength 3, not on a monstrous creature, and it has a much worse chance of killing non-eternal warrior enemies. Even against enemies that have eternal warrior, it's odds aren't great, as those models tend to have very high leadership.
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast