BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default How to Create a Glowing Plasma Effect

In this video we teach you how to create a glowing plasma effect for your models. Thanks for watching!

Thank you for this, it was actually quite interesting and useful as I've been struggling with getting a good glow from my Plasma Guns, especially my Russ Executioner! I'll be giving this technique a shot. My previous one was a bit simpler - Base in Ceramite, and glaze with Guilliman Blue to get a deeper Blue in the recesses, then highlight with white to make it stand out again. This makes the lighting much more intense though!

Out of curiosity, what was the song used in this video? It felt vaguely reminiscent of Fallout. Also, thanks for not being another tutorial where they just use an airbrush for these effects!
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

The song is called "The Descent" it's just some royalty free music I found. Thanks for watching! I hope it helps!

this is fine for table-quality. if you're looking at it close up, it looks like crap with all that dry-brushing.

Great little video!
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by gideon_lorr View Post
    this is fine for table-quality. if you're looking at it close up, it looks like crap with all that dry-brushing.

Could you post a link to your video of how to do it better?
    Thank you.