- Veteran x5
    - Rhino

Total = 265pts

Sternguard Veteran Squad
    - Veteran x5
    - Rhino

Total = 265pts

2000 points total.

EDIT: Actually it's 2010pts. Do I really need the Omniscope? Or should I dump the Digital Weapons on the Captain?
    Last edited by RGilbert26; 08-07-2014 at 05:28 AM.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Brother-Sergeant

I would drop the missile launchers on the tac squads since they'll be moving in the rhinos, and most often not wanting to all waste bolter shots at an armored target. I'd drop the omni-scope if you're really strapped for points because 3 missiles and 3 lascannon shots aren't enough to really wreck multiple targets when split... you'll need them all on the same thing (I run this loadout all the time, and not once have I felt the omni-scope paid off with this loadout... grav is another story though). I would give the Sternguard 2 heavy flamers each to fire from that rhino... that's a nasty unit to remove from an objective with a lot of units you see now on the field trying to swoop in... like Scouts, Swooping Hawks, Warp Spiders, Jet Bikes, etc...
    If you have any points left from the missile launchers (should have about 20) I'd give all the tac squads plasma instead of melta, but that's just my preference (or give them all melta bombs). I don't like to rely on the tac squads to crack open vehicles... I feel it's a waste of their bolters, which in this case are very effective up-close.

Hope that helps.

Marine heavy is where the Imperial Fists are at. But I do think youre running the whole list back to front and missing out on all of the lovely Chapter Tactics?

*You have your anti tank weaponry on Tac Marines, who are more effective with bolters / heavy bolters.
    *You have heavy bolters on your Devastator squad, who are more effective with missiles / lascannons (tank hunters).
    *You are paying a premium for the sternguard to sit in rhinos, who are best close up out of a drop pod, and you are paying a premium for the Sternguard Sgt.
    *Your captain is expensive for his stat line, as he is gonna be mostley sitting back you'd get better value out of Pedro or another Chapter Master, and he would combo well with your Sternguard

+ Drop the Heavy bolters off the Dev Squad for 4 lascannons, buy 5 additional marines for wound soaking the lascannons, consider combat squadding (cost -110 points).
    + Make one pack of Sternguard 10 man strong, exchange the Rhino for a Drop Pod and combat squad them. These will be your Turn 1 big game hunters/cover ignoring troop destroyers (cost -120 points)
    + Drop the missile launchers and meltaguns off the tac squads for melta bombs and heavy bolters, and you save 10 points per squad (+40 points).
    + Lose the other pack of Sternguard and their Rhino (+265 points)
    + Replace Captain with Pedro (-30 points)

And you've still got 45 points left to play with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12