BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imperial Fists 2000pts

Morning all, been thinking about doing Imperial Fists and here's a 2000 point list I threw together.

Captain
    - Relic Blade
    - Artificer Armour
    - Storm Bolter
    - Melta Bombs
    - Digital Weapons

Total = 155pts

Tactical Squad
    - Space Marines x5
    - Meltagun
    - Missile Launcher
    - Veteran Sergeant
    - Rhino

Total = 210pts

Tactical Squad
    - Space Marines x5
    - Meltagun
    - Missile Launcher
    - Veteran Sergeant
    - Rhino

Total = 210pts

Tactical Squad
    - Space Marines x5
    - Meltagun
    - Missile Launcher
    - Veteran Sergeant
    - Rhino

Total = 210pts

Tactical Squad
    - Space Marines x5
    - Meltagun
    - Missile Launcher
    - Veteran Sergeant
    - Rhino

Total = 210pts

Centurion Devastator Squad
    - Missile Launcher x3
    - Grav-Cannon and Grav-Amp x3
    - Omniscope

Total = 290pts

Vindicator
    - Siege Shield

Total = 135pts

Devastator Squad
    - Heavy Bolter x4

Total = 110pts

Sternguard Veteran Squad
    - Veteran x5
    - Melta Bombs

Total = 235pts

Sternguard Veteran Squad
    - Veteran x5
    - Melta Bombs

Total = 235pts

C&C welcome.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Occuli Imperator

How are you planning on using the list?

Are the tactical squads going to be combat squads?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Something along the lines of - Tactical Squads advance towards objectives near the enemy in their Rhinos at full size, Captain walks it with the Centurions, Sternguard advance both sides of the board through cover, Devastators setup next to an objective and shoot anything that gets with 36" and the Vindicator goes for heavy targets/large groups of the enemy.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Occuli Imperator

My concern would be the heavy weapons mixed with rhinos, so you will be moving so only doing snap shots.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Never had much of an issue with it.

Occuli Imperator

Fair enough, I just assume turn 1 you are embarked so can't fire, turn 2 you disembark so can only fire sanp shots so you only have 3 or 4 turns shooting.

Why do you run veteran sargeants over regular ones?

Brother-Captain

Your Devastators and Devastator Centurions aren't really making much use of the chapter tactics. They should be using anti-vehicle weapons like missile launchers or lascannons.

Not seeing much point in the Veteran Sergeants as you don't have any close combat gear on them.

Well I could go twin-linked Lascannon and and swap Heavy Bolters for Missile Launchers, move the Heavy Bolters over to the Tactical Squads.

They'll have Chainsword and Bolt Pistol.

Veteran-Sergeant

HQ: Fine, decent in a challenge etc. Other than that he doesn't add much else. How badly do you want to paint your army yellow? You could swap him for pedro and hey presto your sternguard get objective secured!

Troops: Solid. You could add combimeltas or combiflamers to the squad leaders if you have points to spare.

Heavy: Vindicators are fun. The centurians are a little vulnerable as their grav amps are limited range and so devastating that decent opponents will keep their distance until they are thinned out. I would take ML+LC on them for the better range and to abuse the tank hunter rule as much as possible. Devastators are nice & cheap and benefit from the bolter drill and occasionally tank hunter too if shooting sentinels, rhinos or venons.

Elites: These are also deadly, just as easy to kill as a normal marine and as you have them footslogging they lack maouverability. I would move 2 rhinos from troops to the sternguard and arm those TAC sqauads with long range weapons like LC+Plasma. Sternduard are now a mobile threat. Or you could drop 5 sternguard (or downgrade the HQ to a chep librarian) then add 2 rhinos or drop pods for them and maybe a few combimeltas thrown in.

Occuli Imperator

I think the point Anggul and I were trying to make, is that the Tactical Sarges aren't equipped for CC and indeed you really want tacs shooting not fighting, so if you drop down to normal sarges you can save a few points.

The other thing I would consider is that unless you play in fairly heavy amounts of dangerous terrain dropping the seige sheild from the vindi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast