BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dan Abnett diagnosed with epilepsy

Dan Abnett has been diagnosed with epilepsy. Here is the post from the black library blog.

Friday, 22 January 2010
    Prospero Burns update

Due to author Dan Abnett’s health issues, the Horus Heresy novel Prospero Burns will now be published in Jan 2011. This novel chronicles the epic story of the Space Wolves and their dire battle with the Thousand Sons. It provides a counterpoint to A Thousand Sons, which tells the story from the Traitor Legion’s perspective and is published in March 2010.

The Horus Heresy series continues to go from strength-to-strength throughout 2010, with three major new novels and three original audio dramas. For a full list of 2010 titles please visit the Black Library website at [url]www.blacklibrary.com[/url].

Statement from Dan Abnett:

“As some of you will know, I became ill in the latter part of last year. The problem was eventually identified as epilepsy, which I am now managing, but it took several rather troubling months to reach that diagnosis. As a consequence, Prospero Burns did not meet its deadline, and the decision’s been made to push back its release. I’d like to say two things: thank you for all the messages of support, and sorry there’s going to be a delay. I’ll do everything I can to make sure that Prospero Burns is worth the wait.”

Abbess Sanctorum

Ah, poor guy. One of hte better authors.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

Wow, that sucks for Dan. Thankfully epilepsy isn't that bad of an illness.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Dang.

Certainly did not see that coming. Just sucks that it's Abnett who's being delayed, rather than the far less awesome McNeill (is the loss of a Abnett-Heresy-SW book better than the loss of a McNeill-Heresy-kS book? Difficult)

Sure that it'll be twice as awesome to make up for it.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Librarian

Damn, it's always the good people who get afflicted with something.

Well, Dan, fight well brother.

Chaplain

Thats so sad! Dan is one of my most favorite authors from Black Library & I think I have read virtually everything he has written for them (comics excluded!)
    However the good new is that Epilepsy is now very manageable. I have a girlfriend who has suffered from it for many years & she shows no signs of hassels & lives a very normal & active life.
    My best wishes to Dan & his family & I know we all look forward to his future books.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Wow, that sucks for Dan. Thankfully epilepsy isn't that bad of an illness.
    A friend of mine died from it, so it CAN be serious.

Here's hoping Dan has the mild version.

hopefully he does, but for being recently diagnosed with epilepsy and getting control for the right drug lvls to maintain his epilepsy will take some time and everyday factors such as stress can bring about his episode.

Most of the time it's a manageable disease, let's hope that's the case and he has a chance of keep doing what he likes to do.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Most of the time it's a manageable disease, let's hope that's the case and he has a chance of keep doing what he likes to do.
    My guess is that one of the major issues would be that his profession requires that he sit and type at a computer for extended periods of time.... hopefully it wasn't a cause....

Anyways, I hope Dan takes it easy for a bit. Whenever his book comes out, we all know it will be stellar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast