BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

oO wait, just repackaged kits?

That would be very lack luster
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I don't think those boxes even make a whole lot of sense, particularly. E.g. the command squad one - makes 15 models. And many of the parts in the command squad would be of limited use to a space wolves player. We have wolf priests, not apothecaries, and those apothecary bits would arguably be much too 'heavy handed' to convert a good wolf priest (and anyway, unless things change a lot, wolf priests are HQs and we don't have anything like that in a wolf guard pack.) at least currently, the only standards are wolf standards, used by grey hunters (though this could change). Company champion? Those bits just aren't very wolf looking, we have a resculpt of the same sword (with runes on it) although the shoulders might work well. No, the command squad kit is of quite limited relevance to SWs.

Razorback for a long fang pack? A 5 model long fang pack? I mean, yeah, people do take razorback as gunboats to go along with long fangs, but it's not IMO the 'standard' usage. I doubt they'd bundle them with a transport, not unless they randomly gained relentless or something (then it'd be all on!)

That ragnar one sounds kinda plausible (as a SW version of the strike force) and would actually make an exceptionally well thought out and less eclectic bundle than we usually see... Except it's just TDAWG and wolf packs. The only new model being Ragnar? I'd be surprised. I'd expect to see more new models in any new battle/strike force. Like new power armour wolf guard (if the other rumour is true). The space marine strike force has the lovely new tactical squads in it, for example.

The skyclaws would be flat footed... it just seems a bit lame. Not impossible but seems implausible to me. They'd also come with a bazillion unnecessary bits - bolters, regular backpacks, etc - presumably driving up the cost of production for bits that the average space wolf player would quickly have too many of (if they didn't already).
    Last edited by skeletoro; 07-16-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Chaplain

It makes some sense to me- if I were GW I would be all about the repackaging, as that way you spend no money developing stuff...

However they seem to have been successful with bundle deals with limited release hqs- the chaplain and command squad, the terminator commander and 1st company...

So yeah, a Runepriest and a ragnar-wolflord make sense to me this way. They release a single model, and gain a big spend from customers.

But most importantly, Krom Dragongaze looked awesome. I really want to see a new Rune Priest and a new Ragnar!

Gw is known for repackaging, that being said for a new player or someone looking to start the army it will be a fantastic way to do it.

That being said the players who have been collecting the army for a while will be getting a lot of repeats (though lets be honest... we will all still buy it.)

Hell even storm claw is is mostly repackaged goodies with the addition of the Krom. just hopefully you have a buddy who plays orcs or an ebay account.

Man, the old Space Wolves sprue could be the ugliest plastic still in production next to the Catachans.
    My hobby blog: http://marcraleyminiatures.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMen View Post
    Man, the old Space Wolves sprue could be the ugliest plastic still in production next to the Catachans.
    no no no my friend the ugliest must be the khorne Berzerkers, I love Khorne but every time I goto dip into my wallet to buy a army I see this silly kit and I change my mind

Fly Lord

via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/mexork?ref=br_tf"]The Mexican Ork[/URL] 7-17-2014

StormClaw Unboxing
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

i was thinking, what if the skyclaws just have the [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Jump-Packs"]Jump packs[/URL]sprue rather than assault sprues, same with devs... if they are boxed like that.... ive not bought any :P i like the idea of a razorback though, even if not for the fangs.... just give it to a hunter squad as a heavy platform :P
    Last edited by Cpt Codpiece; 07-17-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Librarian

Good video!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMen View Post
    Agreed. It's terrible looking. It needs to be redone. Oh and thunderwolves are terrible too, but GW won't get rid of those because the kiddies like them.

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast