BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRae View Post
    Any 'Character' can be your Warlord. Before Ghazgkull and Logan, no Lord Of War was a Character.
    I assume that's independant character? Well that works quite well for the Heresy then, as pre 7th Primarchs could not be the warlord as they are lords of war.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

No. Its character.

You want sergeant randumb to be you warlord...then he is your warlord
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    No. Its character.

You want sergeant randumb to be you warlord...then he is your warlord
    How strange. And interesting. Hadn't noticed that change, must of glossed over that part. Won't affect my Fists, but may well with the puppies. Though that being said, if a thud gun techmarine hides back out of sight, you could potentially deny a slay the warlord point. May require some thought...
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

"Though that being said, if a thud gun techmarine hides back out of sight, you could potentially deny a slay the warlord point."

This is why the Blessed Emperor, in His Beneficence, invented the drop-pod and the barrage weapon.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chaplain

I managed to have a very quick look through somebody else's copy of the new SW Codex at the weekend and noticed that dedicated transports appear to be also be available as a fast Attack version?

Could somebody confirm that?

Makes Drop Pods very handy if you have Battle Brother allies......

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    I managed to have a very quick look through somebody else's copy of the new SW Codex at the weekend and noticed that dedicated transports appear to be also be available as a fast Attack version?

Could somebody confirm that?

Makes Drop Pods very handy if you have Battle Brother allies......
    I noticed it as well, found it very interesting.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

its accurate, now any Imperial infantry/dreadnought has the ability to be podded, so be prepared for a wave of podded centurions, sisters, Imperial guard etc...
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Even if you go just straight Space Wolves, the wording for Drop Pod Assault means that you can take three empty DPs and four squads in DPs and then you can drop the four loading DPs on the first turn and bring in the others to block LOS or try to contest objectives (against non-ObjSec) in future turns.

Using them to carry other armies' troops might be a viable tactic, but it also seems like a cheeky move that wouldn't fit the fluff. But I think pretty much everyone recognizes that 7th edition's "anything goes" was less about letting people play fluffy armies and more about letting people drop money for broken combos.

Am I the only one that sees THIS (picture below) when looking at the Stormfang?

I'm just curious.
    Not to shabby, kind suffered from Bad Angle Syndrome like the Stormtalon. Actually, this model looks way better than the talon, hands down.

Talon and Fang Comparison:

[url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/08/first-look-stormfang-vs-stormraven.html[/url]

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Rajden View Post
    Am I the only one that sees THIS (picture below) when looking at the Stormfang?

I'm just curious.
    Not to shabby, kind suffered from Bad Angle Syndrome like the Stormtalon. Actually, this model looks way better than the talon, hands down.

Talon and Fang Comparison:

[url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/08/first-look-stormfang-vs-stormraven.html[/url]
    I picture this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marine lander.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	10511

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast