BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Project Juggernaut

Hello all and welcome to the first in what I'm hoping will be a rather short endeavour, but with as much of the steps documented as possible.

What is Project Juggernaut? This is Project Juggernaut:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140714_00_41_23_Pro.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	9937

The Arkurian Pattern Stormblade.

This is the biggest hobby project I've ever tackled and there's a lot of work to do (Made far lesser with a can of Red Army Painter spray thankfully.) and I'm looking forward to seeing this project finished.

I've gawped over this model for years, and no other Baneblade variant has grabbed me like this one has. I've dreamed of this project for some time and we're going on a journey to stamp the nameplate Juggernaut on this glorious behemoth.

I'm awfully excited and I would love all of your input on general construction, to painting and especially ALL of your tips on weathering, which I've never attempted before but would really like to.

So lets bow our heads, plug our neural interfaces into the noosphere and commune with the Omnissiah and pray that I don't royally screw this up.

Thanks for taking a look, and I welcome all your comments(support, pats on the back, entreaty's to step back from the ledge, etc.)!

So, a little progress update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140724_13_44_57_Pro.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	10162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140726_11_17_25_Pro.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	10163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140726_11_17_33_Pro.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	10164

Sprayed the top part and the engine compartments, then started the bone base coat on the armour panels. Then stuck the treads on the track assemblies which was a real pain as the track assemblies glued together a little too close together, but managed to force it open enough to get them on there. The Stormblade came with a couple track skirts, so it should hide most of the screw ups.

Am mostly worried about the warpage on the front of the tank, but I think it's nothing that can't be solved with a good deal of glue, some rubber bands and an evening to set. Also gotta get more Pure Red Army Painter primer for the rest of my bits, but I believe that I'll start tackling the metallic bits and finishing off the areas painted bone in the meantime.

Thanks for stopping by!