BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Question Where Do Orks Get Paint?

For those more conspicuous and ostentatious clans and tribes who use copious amounts of black, red, blue and yellow paint, where do they get it?

I doubt very much that any Warboss takes the time after conquering a planet, save perhaps a forgeworld, for looting 20 metric tons of paint in Goffik black, Bad Moon yellow, Lucky Loota blue, and Speed Freak red... >.>

That said, the question stands. Where do they get so much paint? How would they make it themselves? And a more whimsical question is... do they grow "paint squigs" that secrete colors or something? (I mean they seem to have a squig for just about every facet and utility of Orkid infrastructure.)
    "Even the servants of the great enemy fear the crushing depths of our lair." - Jathalon Tidefury

Chapter-Master

Take certain plants and rocks. Smash them up. Smear them on stuff. Done.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Yeah. Making paint is very low on the list of technological marvels the Orks have mastered. Hell, even Savage Orks manage it!

I also like the idea that Freebootaz are running a "green market" for looted paint from Forge Worlds or Imperial shipping, though.

Or, you know, here's a hook: Ork Warboss knows red wunz go fasta, but they're out of the good stuff. Off to the nearest Forge World, ladz!
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 06-08-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

Paint is a generic term for color being splashed on an object for an Ork. Red Paint could be human blood or splattered squigs, etc... Paint's chemical composition doesn't have to match what we know goes into it.

But seriously: ever seen a cave painting? It's just animal fat and pigment.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Battle-Brother

Maybe there's a lot of paint laying around, the imperium paints all there space ships

Battle-Brother

Certain species of Squig produce bodily secretions that make excellent paint.

Chaplain

Ork technology is based on two things: Nailz and Squigs. Grab a paint-squig, slap it against the buggy, and job's a good 'un!

First-Captain

Yep, Paint Squigs, all the colours of the rainbow.

Chapter-Master

So, do paint squigs sweat paint? Or are their innards all painty and you squish them?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast