BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Tau Rumor Compilation

These are the more reasonable rumors related to Tau that have been floating around the internet.

A new codex is in planning, likely slated for 2012, possibly 2011.

Crisis Suits and Broadsides are getting new models. The crisis suit update has apparently been completed for quite some time because GW was unhappy with the fragility of the model (particularily at the ankles). It's possible that the Crisis Suit model will be released before the next codex update, but GW will have to work it into their busy release schedule.

Several Tau models are no longer able to be ordered.

A higher-up at GW stated long ago that, "with every Tau release they will get new allies." There was a sighting of a centaur-like model in progress at GW in 2009, which led to rumors that a new Tau codex might come with Tallerians as allies. The Lexicanum on Tallerians: "Tarellians are a minor reptilian species of alien found throughout much of the galaxy. They are commonly known as Tarellian Dog-soldiers, because of their snouted faces and their habit of working as mercenaries. During the Great Crusade the Imperium virus-bomed most of their home worlds, almost wiping the species out. For this reason they have a great grudge against the Imperium. The Tarellians have not been conquered by the Tau but are often found fighting as mercenaries in their armies, particularly when the war is against humans."

Commander Shadowsun is being either removed or completely reworked, as she was intended as a special release for Cities of Death

The new codex will include a large number of new named characters

(btw, apologies for posting in the wrong forum. The forum bug wouldn't let me post in the News&Rumors forum)
    Last edited by Lerra; 01-14-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Banned

I am waiting on several new models but new crisis suits are at the top of my list. Plastic pathfinders would be nice but it is pretty easy to make a substitute from regular fire warriors.

Occuli Imperator

Interesting data. I would love to see a new Tau codex, I would like them to be able to compete with IG for overall shootyness.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

More xenos is always good, shame their not completely non-humanoid, but at least they are centaur-like as opposed to bipeds.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

which Tau units are no longer up for order?

yeah one of my freinds suits broke at the ankle so it is now holding on by one ankle then for another time both ankles broke and then oh yeah more allies to deal with
    2nd ultrmarines company along with cadian 111th "big red ones"

Chapter-Master

Meh, when I played Tau, I didn't do it for allies. Heck, if I went back and started playing them again, I'd use my 36+ fire warriors all the time. I'd have to get a whole bunch of suits, though. Last ed I was never big on suits, so I don't own any (sold my HQ to a friend when I stopped playing them, but kept everything else).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sicarius2424 View Post
    yeah one of my freinds suits broke at the ankle so it is now holding on by one ankle then for another time both ankles broke and then oh yeah more allies to deal with
    All of my crisis suits are on flying stands. They all have a hovering pose to them but the loss of variety is way better than chronic ankle breakage.

The Dark Mechanic

GW was unhappy with the fragility of the model (particularily at the ankles)
    They're not the only ones. The models are great, except for the fragility at the ankles. I see them broken there all the time, many models are pinned back together at the ankles because of the problem. Of course, I'll be hanging onto all the ones I already have to bulk out my army when the new book comes as I'm sure the newer ones will be more expensive. I got that great Apocalypse deal on them a couple years ago on top of those in the army set and Battleforce, etc.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 01-18-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Grand Provost Marshal

I'm just crossing my fingers for Great Knarlocs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast