BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scout

Default Twin Linked multiple barrage

Do you get to re-roll the scatter die for the templates after the first one?

I'd say "yes" - "Twin-linked" says "re-rolls all failed To-Hit rolls" (emphasis mine). "Rolling To-Hit" is defined as "Roll a D6 for each shot fired" (emphasis mine) in "The Shooting Phase" section and the entry for "Blast" weapons further modifies the re-rolling rule to include the scatter die when using blast templates. "Barrage" weapons are explicitly stated to follow "Blast" rules as well.
    Last edited by hyudun; 06-01-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Scout

You mean blast markers I assume. Yes twin linked weapons must reroll failed to hit. Even if you prefer the non hit. Prescience on the other hand says you may reroll failed to hits. If you get a good scatter you get to keep it with Prescience.

Scout

However barrage says they are all fired together (implying it is one shot) and twin-linked states that the 2d6 also needs to be re-rolled and the subsequent markers don't roll the 2d6. I tend to agree that you can re-roll however it's really not that clear. I guess it comes down to whether a multiple barrage is one shot or not...

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Cabot Henhaus III View Post
    You mean blast markers I assume. Yes twin linked weapons must reroll failed to hit. Even if you prefer the non hit. Prescience on the other hand says you may reroll failed to hits. If you get a good scatter you get to keep it with Prescience.
    It specifically says the re-roll is optional for twin-linked blasts...

Yes, because you have to weigh up if it's worth it, if you're getting a 'hit' now, the re-roll could cause you to miss. Now on the other hand if I'm running Biovores, I will re-roll my hits because I want them to miss. D3 mines is much better to have than a direct hit.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by C.H.A.D. View Post
    It specifically says the re-roll is optional for twin-linked blasts...
    Under blast weapons and rerolls it only says if you have the ability to re-reroll then you reroll all the dice. It does not say you have the choice. Twin-linked says you reroll all failed to hits. No choice is given.

Scout

Under twin-linked it says, "If the scatter dice does not roll a hit you can choose to re-roll the dice with a twin-linked blast weapon. If you choose to do so, you must re-roll both the 2d6 and the scatter dice."

It's pretty clear it is optional. However it does not state you can re-roll a hit if you want like in the Biovore example above.

Veteran-Sergeant

If your initial blast was going to hit say 5 marines but it scatters 6" and still clips a single marine from the same unit are you therefore not allowed to reroll as it did hit something?

Scout

It only matters what the scatter dice says not what the blast actually hits. I still would like a clearer answer of the original question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast