BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moriar52 View Post
    with regards to tigurius it is quite clear he re rolls failed psychic tests. same with a spell familiar. for a psychic test you roll x number of dice and get as many 4+ as possible. this allows you to reroll those dice if you don't get enough.

- - - Updated - - -

the one I want to know is how do shadows of the warp and Tzeentch daemon abilities interact with the new psychic phase. SoW= -3Ld to enemy psykers when casting and Tzeetch= +3 to Ld when casting.
    Will currently come into play only when the Psyker Perils and needs a Leadership test

If GW want any other effect then they'll have to put in some codex rule changes.

Do Termagants spawned by a Tervigon in a Battle-Forged army have Objective Secured?

1) When "Emplaced Weapons" use "Automatic Fire", it says: "At the Nearest enemy unit in range and Line of Sight" Does that mean Emplaced Weapons that are Automatically firing must fire at unit that they cannot hurt? For instance, a Heavy Bolter on a Bastion must fire at a Land Raider?
    2) Can Units be deployed in a location they cannot move to? For instance, an infantry unit placed on upper level of terrain that is more than 6" high.
    3) If a Bastion (Battlements > 6" high) suffers a "Detonation!" on the building damage table, are all units on the battlements removed as casualties because they cannot make a 6" move off of the battlements?
    4) Can a template cause wounds to a model out of Line of Sight, as long as the Target is in Line of Sight? For Instance, A Tyrannofex attempts use a template against a Wraith Knight that is in Line of Sight. There are enemy Space Marines behind a wall out of line of sight between my Tyrannofex and the Wraith Knight covered by the template. Could they be wounded?
    5) Can a Swooping Flying Monstrous Creature claim a cover save if it is Obscured 25%?
    6) Can an independent Character that is a Monstrous Creature join a unit that contains another Independent Character?
    7) If a unit has Preferred Enemy, can it reroll armor penetration rolls of 1?
    8) If there are 4 units locked in close combat like this 1A2B where letters are unit belonging to one player, and Numbers are units belonging to their opponent. If Unit A is destroyed, does Unit 1 pile into the combat with Unit B? What if Unit A fails a moral check and Falls back, but Unit B does not, can Unit 1 attempt a Sweeping Advance?
    9) If a Zooming Flyer suffers a "Crew Stunned" result, and in its next movement phase it cannot move 18" without its base being over or within 1" of enemy Models, what happens?

No Escape rule for Templates

Sometimes a vehicle will have an save from an invulnerable, for example a venom carrying 5 wyches has a flickerfield as standard conferring a 5+ invulnerable to the venom. Does an item/save/upgrade like this give a 5++ to the unit embarked on the transport also. I find it hard to believe that the transport has that save when the troops on board do not as the damage is coming from an outside source such as a flamer from a space marine tactical squad and not from an explosion result on the vehicle damage table.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Can I get an FAQ that will clarify what weapon a Crusader has? The same model and stats has different weapon profiles between three different codicies (SoB, GK, Inq). It's friggen annoying when you're trying to create a Crusader army using GK with Inquisition allied detachment of MORE crusaders, but can't give the allied Detachment power axes because it says "Power Swords" in that codex, but "Power Weapons" in the GK codex...
    Mate, it's listed as "Power Weapons" in the Inquisition Codex too, I just checked on my Kindle version. So just go with what you want on them no FAQ needed for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Powell View Post
    No Escape rule for Templates

Sometimes a vehicle will have an save from an invulnerable, for example a venom carrying 5 wyches has a flickerfield as standard conferring a 5+ invulnerable to the venom. Does an item/save/upgrade like this give a 5++ to the unit embarked on the transport also. I find it hard to believe that the transport has that save when the troops on board do not as the damage is coming from an outside source such as a flamer from a space marine tactical squad and not from an explosion result on the vehicle damage table.
    How exactly do you even target the unit? You can't.... A unit embarked in a vehicle (open topped or otherwise) is in a vehicle, they just suffer 'effects on passengers' from any results on the damage table and can't be targeted directly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rollawaythestone View Post
    Do Termagants spawned by a Tervigon in a Battle-Forged army have Objective Secured?
    This is self evident surely? They are 'troops' and all 'troops' in a battle forged army have that rule, it makes no distinction even for summoned troops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    The rules explicitly state that if you fire an ordnance weapon, all other weapons wire snap shots. There is no ambiguity here, it is flat out written in the rules.
    And it's double clarified in the Lord of War section; which clearly states that firing an ordnance weapon has no effect on a super heavy. And that's not in the movement section for them.

I hate to say it peeps but a lot of these questions don't need FAQ's and are clearly written. If we ask stuff that's clear GW will just trash the entire list... Check the rules before we ask for FAQ's/Errata. It will help us all in the long run, if in doubt ask around on here, I'm sure if a rule is pretty clear it can be pointed to by somebody. Like the termagants spawning.. All it says is that all troops in a battleforged detachment have the 'objective secured rule', is that not clear enough?
    Last edited by John Bower; 05-31-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    This is self evident surely? They are 'troops' and all 'troops' in a battle forged army have that rule, it makes no distinction even for summoned troops.
    But if you spawn so many Termagants that you no longer have an HQ for every 6 Troops, does the army stop being Battle-Forged?

Edit: Silly question really. It doesn't stop being Battle-Forged if that HQ dies, after all.
    Last edited by Houghten; 05-31-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Chapter-Master

How exactly do you even target the unit? You can't.... A unit embarked in a vehicle (open topped or otherwise) is in a vehicle, they just suffer 'effects on passengers' from any results on the damage table and can't be targeted directly.
    You're assuming. Don't assume. There's a new edition of 40k out, and with it a bunch of new rules. If you see something like this, you should probably go actually read the rulebook to see instead of assuming that it works the same way as it did in 6th.

If you hit an open topped vehicle with a flamer, you hit the unit inside. Hence the question.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You're assuming. Don't assume. There's a new edition of 40k out, and with it a bunch of new rules. If you see something like this, you should probably go actually read the rulebook to see instead of assuming that it works the same way as it did in 6th.

If you hit an open topped vehicle with a flamer, you hit the unit inside. Hence the question.
    Apologies, missed that bit; one of the bits that's a bit scattered around as it's under the building rules rather than the 'open topped'. Still, I'd think law of obvious would prevail, if a unit is in a something that grants an invuln you get an invuln save... wouldn't be sensible any other way. If the vehicle gets the save, the pax get it. I think that's just application of 'common sense'.

I would have said something more along the lines of "if the vehicle passes the save, neither the vehicle nor the passengers are hit" rather than the passengers each being granted the vehicle's save...

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I would have said something more along the lines of "if the vehicle passes the save, neither the vehicle nor the passengers are hit" rather than the passengers each being granted the vehicle's save...
    It was a silly and poorly thought out change to a rule that worked as it was.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast