BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Occuli Imperator

Maybe they should have re-named The Lion to How Typhus Got His First Pustule
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Ghorgon body + Trygon tail.

As for the face? That's where it kind of falls down. Maybe the Avatar of Khaine from the Dark Elf shrine, hevaily modified?
    Orion?

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Orion-King-in-the-Woods[/url]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Thomas View Post
    I imagine that Curze's apotheosis is going to read like Rorschach's therapy scene in Watchmen, in that he'll have sacrificed so much, and will be so far gone that there will be nothing left for him but to ascend, likely as a galactic practical joke on the part of the Octed.
    Um you do realise that Night Haunter never ascends? He's killed while still mortal by an Assassin.

Which he clearly allowed to happen. That's pretty much all we know, apart from him being seemingly prophetic (though like all good prophecies, they're inherently self fulfilling. Someone somewhere will wish to see them come to pass, and work at it. So whether he was in fact seeing the future? Who knows!)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

He Prophisised that "My Father Will Kill me." so when the assassin as Instriment of the Emperor comes to kill him he lets her kill him.

Chaplain

Well, I just read "Vulkan Lives" and that helped elucidate Konrad's position even better! I should have just waited till I had the book in hand to post my original inquiry. Lol.

So, based on his discussion with Vulkan, it seems that Curze has been negatively impacted by the warp (causing or in conjunction with mental instability). This coupled with his limited precognition has lead him to be a nihilist. As a result I think we can paraphrase Baudelaire: the greatest trick Chaos pulled on Curze was to make him think there was no free will.

With almost all others, Chaos lures the primarchs with promises, usually playing to their pride. Magnus was seeking a cure, Lorgar was seeking an object of worship, Fulgrim wanted perfection, Angron wanted vengence and respect, Mortarion and Horus wanted power, and Perturabo needed absolution (or at least acceptance).

So the Alpha/Omega twins also seem to have been tricked by the idea that events HAD to play out in a certain direction. Curze seems to fall in this camp, although it appears to have taken place pretty much from the day he was 'born'. I'd still like to see how the conversation went down with Horus, to bring him specifically to the cause of the rebels, even if it was a fait accompli that Curze was going to side against the Emperor!

Chaplain

I would to second Dlatrex. Also, in Unremembered empire you get along from curze's point of view.
    SPOILERS
    At the beginning of the book it appears curze gets visions of the future, and he believes that he simply has to fulfill the visions. I don't think he believes in any higher powers (emperor or chaos gods or whatever), and so he blindly does what the visions show him, and possibly believes it is all from his innate abilities.

Later, curze says the visions sometimes lie, and he has to pick the right visions, and sort through the ones which are 'lies'. How much are these visions just possible futures and curze's actions make them a reality, and how much curze believes there is only one path and other visions are lies is important. Also, if curze fails, or things don't go to plan, he thinks he picked the wrong vision, but rather than holding his own decision-making at fault, he blames the vision and says it lies. Curze is into accusing others and blaming others, or circumstance over considering himself (at least at this point).

I think its important to consider that curze isn't th I making through his actions, merely picking from multiple choice visions. Also, as divination is a psychic th ok ng, I th ok no it's very easy for him to be manipulated by chaos.

Also, he's mentally unhinged, angry, sadistic, manic depressive, with obsessive behaviour issues concerning murder, and he enjoys playing with others psyches by out witting them and causing terror, which helps with his superiority complex (he also has an inferiority complex, Depending what end of the manic depressive spectrum he is currently at).

Chaplain

Id like to change that 3rd section to say "I think its important to consider that curze thinking through his actions, merely picking from multiple choice visions. Also, as divination is a psychic th ok ng, I th ok no it's very easy for him to be manipulated by chaos."

Im on a kindle fire, and the edit post thing dosnt work, and the autocorrect is the bane of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    Flight of the Eisenstein is the most obvious book to discuss the turning-traitor of the Death Guard, although by that point there has already been corruption taking root.

There is also the short story 'The Lion' which covers some background, more specifically about Captain Typhon
    That never really shows us their mindset like Fulgrim, AE and Betrayer do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234