BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Looking at that Fulgrim model, I really want to build a 40k-scale version, maybe using a Trygon as the base? Just for the sheer lunacy, if nothing else.

As for the Night Lords, Imperium HQ might have been naive enough to still consider them loyal, if a bit loopy; after all, the separation between the murder and mayhem in a Night Lords compliance as compared to say, a Blood Angels compliance is one of degree, not direction.
    You could use this as a base for the top half maybe:

Or there's this:

Or this:

If you're willing to make it smaller.

I'd probably go with the bull-guy for the top half; his Epic model is mounted on a standard 25mm base, which is slightly bigger than an Epic-scale Land Raider, so a 40k-scale Daemon Fulgrim would have to be at least as tall and as wide (not as bulky though) as a Knight.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Concerning the Night Lords, as simple as I can make it, were sent to the DSM for 2 reasons:

#1 What made them unique as a legion. Curze and his legion as a whole believed in both peace through fear of absolute punishment and in absolute corruption. Literally they were Hell; if you even thought of betraying the Imperium you WOULD receive the harshest punishment they could think up. To them there was no escape, they would find you eventually. The kicker being they knew no one was without corruption, it was just a matter of time. This all being the case they were perfect for quelling an Astartes rebellion as their harshness gauge is permanently set to 11 and they would not question that an Astartes (even a Primarch) could fall unlike all the other legions. In a way they always were chaos (lil c) and believed in Chaos even if they didn't know a damned thing about warp creatures and Daemons.

#2 Konrad was already on the penance train right behind Magnus, due to the whole 'we're so metal that when we pass through a system forgeworlds shut down to let their workers have a last day with their families just in case we're cranky' thing. Two birds, single stone mindset. They stop the traitor legions while sustaining heavy losses? Fine, gives the galaxy some time to recover and makes the Emp's job of bringing the NightStalker to heel a little easier.

As to Their Fall:
    The folly was in that Nostromo's #1 son was never as close to his dad as the rest of his kin were and saw this ****e coming. Plus the Magnus isn't the only psyker primarch issue, as Grimdark Batman can apparently see the future too bit. So what's a guard dog who's bit too many candy thief's hands off too do? Hatch a long winded plan to teach dear old dad that the Night Lord way was right that requires his own murder-suicide. In the end he knew he and his legion were hypocrites, their own punishment staved off till everyone else's could be dished out.

I'd probably go with the bull-guy for the top half; his Epic model is mounted on a standard 25mm base, which is slightly bigger than an Epic-scale Land Raider, so a 40k-scale Daemon Fulgrim would have to be at least as tall and as wide (not as bulky though) as a Knight.
    Ghorgon body + Trygon tail.

As for the face? That's where it kind of falls down. Maybe the Avatar of Khaine from the Dark Elf shrine, hevaily modified?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by MaxToreador View Post
    Concerning the Night Lords, as simple as I can make it, were sent to the DSM for 2 reasons:

#1 What made them unique as a legion. Curze and his legion as a whole believed in both peace through fear of absolute punishment and in absolute corruption. Literally they were Hell; if you even thought of betraying the Imperium you WOULD receive the harshest punishment they could think up. To them there was no escape, they would find you eventually. The kicker being they knew no one was without corruption, it was just a matter of time. This all being the case they were perfect for quelling an Astartes rebellion as their harshness gauge is permanently set to 11 and they would not question that an Astartes (even a Primarch) could fall unlike all the other legions. In a way they always were chaos (lil c) and believed in Chaos even if they didn't know a damned thing about warp creatures and Daemons.

#2 Konrad was already on the penance train right behind Magnus, due to the whole 'we're so metal that when we pass through a system forgeworlds shut down to let their workers have a last day with their families just in case we're cranky' thing. Two birds, single stone mindset. They stop the traitor legions while sustaining heavy losses? Fine, gives the galaxy some time to recover and makes the Emp's job of bringing the NightStalker to heel a little easier.

As to Their Fall:
    The folly was in that Nostromo's #1 son was never as close to his dad as the rest of his kin were and saw this ****e coming. Plus the Magnus isn't the only psyker primarch issue, as Grimdark Batman can apparently see the future too bit. So what's a guard dog who's bit too many candy thief's hands off too do? Hatch a long winded plan to teach dear old dad that the Night Lord way was right that requires his own murder-suicide. In the end he knew he and his legion were hypocrites, their own punishment staved off till everyone else's could be dished out.
    This is a great explanation and the type of Nightlord insight I was hoping to glean. This goes a great deal of the way to assuaging my original concerns about having the Nightlords viewed as loyalists, right until the turn. Now we are still missing Monologues for Konrad, as well as Mortarion explaining their own justification for coming to Horus. It would be nice to see what he promised them in a future book, although not essential. The Authors have done a great job of painting the Traitors as tragic figures for the most part being 'tricked' (seduced?) into Chaos...but I wonder if Konrad falls into the camp of Alpharius, where he has full knowledge of the crime he is committing, but as you say will execute punishment on everyone else first, and then end with his own atonement.

I wish the Prince of Crows had shown a little bit more of his motive for attacking The Lion...could we just chalk it up at that point to desperation and survival?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Looking at that Fulgrim model, I really want to build a 40k-scale version, maybe using a Trygon as the base? Just for the sheer lunacy, if nothing else.

As for the Night Lords, Imperium HQ might have been naive enough to still consider them loyal, if a bit loopy; after all, the separation between the murder and mayhem in a Night Lords compliance as compared to say, a Blood Angels compliance is one of degree, not direction.
    If you can be patient, FW have said they will be doing models of all the traitor primarch's after they go all deamon
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

It'll be a long wait though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    If you can be patient, FW have said they will be doing models of all the traitor primarch's after they go all deamon
    At least part of the purpose was to see what I could pull off myself, though it will probably end up looking sad by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3g4tr0n View Post
    It'll be a long wait though.
    Considering how quickly FW turns things out vs. how quickly I bring about one of my crazy ideas, it might end up being the same time either way.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Has a book been released on how the Death Guard turn to Nurgle?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Stibbok View Post
    Has a book been released on how the Death Guard turn to Nurgle?
    Flight of the Eisenstein is the most obvious book to discuss the turning-traitor of the Death Guard, although by that point there has already been corruption taking root.

There is also the short story 'The Lion' which covers some background, more specifically about Captain Typhon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast