BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Plea

Ian and Nabterayl have the right of it.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Ian and Nabterayl have the right of it.
    I have recently been waging a one man war of positivist and fluff based thinking up on the front page stuff.
    Heck I'd write articles or something but I know not how
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Ask Mr BigRed via a PM.

Brother-Captain

OH. I meant that I'm not sure I'm a good enough writer.
    Thanks though.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Brother-Captain

If we write some purely fluffy, non-competitive articles on making terrain or something will that help the front page or just provoke people into whinging about us wasting time on 'unimportant' stuff?
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

I think the rumours forum is probably just susceptible to this.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mulcahy View Post
    It's interesting that in response to hearing that people don't want to join the forums or post because of the negative attitudes that seem to be so prevalent, the forumgoers respond by saying "@#$% them, we don't want them then." Real positive and welcoming, there.
    Its why I don't post here very often. All the internet hate and keyboard warriors who can't tolerate any opinion that differs from their own.
    And, yes, I know-- "its the internet, man up." No. I'm not going to take part in something that's not fun, or get involved with conversations that anger me. This site may be better than other sites, but rotten behaviour is still rotten behaviour, and there is still plenty of it around here.

I think you'd find if you came and spent more time down in the oubliette you'd find a lot less whining, proper heated discussion yes, whining not so much.
    Which is basically why if people don't come and have a proper look at the forum, but still make a judgement call I don't necessarily feel particularly inclined to give their opinion much weight.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Fly Lord

Dear Lord - if people think BoLS has a reputation for whining, they better not ever step within 10 feet of Warseer or Dakka...

My guess would be the arguments on the frontpage comments, but then again - that's the nature of internet comments.

Every site has that issue from games, to celebrity gossip.

As with all of these types of things, the best way to assuage people's fears is to just drag them into our pool. Once they get in and post a bit - it's normally all good.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I only go on the front page to post amusing witticisms about Plastic Dudesmen, the comments are too depressing otherwise.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well, I tried to warn y'all.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast