BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Plea

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I don't think GW have ever released a model with overly huge breasts.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

That's not GW...

- - - Updated - - -

Or sexualised...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I don't think GW have ever released a model with overly huge breasts.
    I don't think it's threads about GW models where said arguments break out...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Occuli Imperator

People see what conforms to what they expect to see.

Hence you may buy a car that is uncommon in your opinion then after you own it you drive around and see loads of them.

Similiarly, if you expect to see whining and complaints you will see them and weigh them heavier than those comments which aren't. Because we aren't using Lojban the tone of some comments are unknown, so a sarcastic comment can suddenly become a serious comment. Something neutral then becomes positive or negative.

I think a reputation is something to be aware of, only if it becomes a barrier to participation.

It is also where you look, I mean down here in the Oub. these are the threads that probable grow the most in terms of posts per day and very few of these are whiney and complainy, so it is perception of those higher up in the pond. These murky depths I think is where the "heart" of the board is.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

That said, a while back those of us here in the "heart" made an effort to raise the positivity level elsewhere on the board, and I think that's always a good thing to remember. It isn't just about reputation - it's about doing our part to keep the tone of the board what we want it to be.

Yup.

And in all seriousness, the odd temporary, tactical derailing works wonders for defusing grumbles.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

You only have to look at the comments on my 6th edition rumour post on the front page today to see the internet just loves to whine.

A nice, fun light piece looking at 6th edition rumours and reactions. Cue 130 posts whinging and calling me an idiot for daring to enjoy 6th edition
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

It's interesting that in response to hearing that people don't want to join the forums or post because of the negative attitudes that seem to be so prevalent, the forumgoers respond by saying "@#$% them, we don't want them then." Real positive and welcoming, there.
    Its why I don't post here very often. All the internet hate and keyboard warriors who can't tolerate any opinion that differs from their own.
    And, yes, I know-- "its the internet, man up." No. I'm not going to take part in something that's not fun, or get involved with conversations that anger me. This site may be better than other sites, but rotten behavior is still rotten behavior, and there is still plenty of it around here.

Chapter-Master

I think if you assigned a numerical quantity to negative forum behaviour, be it whining, derailing, adding in political based arguments, and whatever the nomenclature for Oubliette regulars saying 'f&ck 'em' is - BoLS would come out higher in terms of positivity that any other forum I know.

I have always thought in any society outsiders should conform to that society's societal norm at their point of entry, as a condition of entry.

So, if BoLS is too whiny for people, they can vote with their feet and stay on Dakka or wherever...

Why should we change for them - when actually it would seem that - whilst PERCEPTION may be BoLS is whiney, REALITY is it really isn't - comparatively.

There are far worse things for BoLS to be concerned about, like posting a front page item entitled 'Review of x...' which is not a review, but is usually a hyperlink to another website (massing post counts for their advertisers) which then has a Youtube video of someone flicking through a WD or opening a box. That is not a review that is just a demo - not a compelling critique of the item.

Far more worrying than moaning.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Why should we change for them - when actually it would seem that - whilst PERCEPTION may be BoLS is whiney, REALITY is it really isn't - comparatively.
    While I don't disagree with your following point, I'd just like to reiterate that we can all do our part to not be whiners and moaners.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast