BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm one of those loonies who could field an entire Apocalypse army made up of super-heavy tanks even before the New Apocalypse came and boosted them to ridiculously OP levels. My Baneblade, Hellhammer, Shadowsword, Stormlord, Macharius Vanquisher, Macharius Vulcan, Macharius Omega and Praetor fill a pair of Monster Figure Cases between them.

I also picked up a pair of the new plastic Knights, because seriously, why wouldn't I? I'm thinking that might need to be more, if I can magically find the shelf space somewhere.

---

Oh, and den dere's me stompas o' course. Five of 'em makes a proppa dread mob - one straight outta da box, one Klawstompa, one Big Mek Stompa an' two Kustom Stompas.

I'z also working on a kustom battle fortress, but it'z a bit kinda sorta stuck. Dunno where ta go wiv it, really. *scratches back of big green neck* Jus' lookin' big an' shooty don't really seem like enuff, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Legion Malcador (no one expects a fast superheavy)
    Skullhamma used ter be fast, but under da current vehicle rules it don't make any difference, so now it's just a battle fortress wiv a dead boomy gun and loadsa room inside.
    Last edited by Houghten; 04-17-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have
    5x Baneblades
    2x Hellhammers
    2x Shadowswords

Banned

I've got a Reaver (Igneus Angelus), Warhound (Praedicatio), a Stompa (Da Big Banana), a FW Brass Scorpion (Devourer of Hope) and a Phantom. All customised in little ways, mostly the crew.

As for transporting I use the large cardboard box and loads of bubble wrap and foam for my Imperials - the Reaver has magnetised arms and comes apart at the waist - and for the Phantom I don't

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Crydon Games View Post
    If you post a pic of your "Lionfish", I will post a pic of my "Decimator" It is a kitbash of 2 rhino chassis and 2 vindicator chassis to make a quad sized transport like a super razorback/vindicator...2 lascannon turrets, 2 demolisher cannons, 2 heavy bolter sponsons.
    oooo, a game of "if you show me yours I'll show you mine" I like it. I've had two, the second is under construction, so I'll have to dig up a photo of the first (sold it to a kid in my shop... junk SW model + GW bits = Profit)

Chapter-Master

OoooOOh a super heavy genital measuring contest!!!

2 Phantoms (1 more in a box)
    1 Revenant (3 more in boxes)
    1 Vampire
    2 Cobras
    2 Scorpions
    5 Lynx (with both pulsars and sonic lances magnetized)
    1 old tempest if that counts.

I painted the lynx's in about a day with my airbrush. Phantom took like a month to put together with over 48" of brass rod and epoxy. Magnetized the arms and pulsars (because the D-cannon sucks but I like the TCCW) Basically the only kind of recommendation I can give is, get an airbrush. Get a decent one, not a cheap $25 plastic one. It will save you so much time and effort. Since i painted the phantom, I've gotten MUCH better with the airbrush and I'm contemplating doing a lot more freehanding with it soon on the legs to break up a lot of that bone color.

I'm about to move to Alabama so I need to go ahead and build a crate for the phantom (the new one) to make sure he doesn't get too damaged during the relocation. Was thinking of documenting that "build" as it would be able to be doubled as a carrying case.

The only real customization I've done is I used a land raider as one of my phantom's kickstands. I took a heat gun to the land raider and depressed the middle a bit. Then I stuck arms and bits out of the bulging seems to make it look like the poor dudes inside were trying to GTFO.

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Brother-Captain

HEHE! I'm always in favor of stepping on Land Raiders.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

I only have a Macharius Vulcan and two Imperial Knights. This thread is making me want to own more

I have a Stompa that it took me way too long to finally get completed, and I'm still trying to figure out how to paint it, given that I don't have an airbrush and I want to do a "desert camo" look for it (as I'm about to embark on making a Blood Axe army in prep for the new Ork codex). It took some work to put together, but it's nice and sturdy.

I also have a Khorne Lord of Skulls, which I bought fully painted (relatively basic scheme, but looks nice) from the local GW store for retail price. But there's a story to that, which I'll get to as I transition into "How are they on the tabletop?"

The Lord of Skulls has seen the most game time from me. When the new Apoc came out, we did a match at the local GW store, and I had some Chaos (Iron Warriors) in my army. The manager had assembled and painted the Lord of Skulls to show off, and he opted to let me use it in the game, so it would get some action time. That bugger shrugged off a ridiculous number of shots with its daemon save, including one turn taking an entire table board's worth of fire. It ate up super-heavies, shredded stuff with its gun, and only fell at last when we did *one* turn with the disaster charts... and the table section it was on at the time got completely obliterated (along with an objective and a lot of other stuff). When Escalation was coming out, the manager put the model up for sale at retail price, and I grabbed it the moment I got paid.

I tried it in an Escalation match against some Tau, in my Iron Warriors army. The Iron Warriors shot up the Tau's bigger guns, the LoS survived the incoming fire, and once it got in close, it just went to town wrecking stuff in combat. It is truly a beast in close combat. Total victory for the forces of Chaos that day.

A few weeks ago, we participated in a big country-wide Apoc match... Imperials on one side, Xenos (and Chaos) on the other, all around the country. In Jacksonville, four stores had Apoc battles going. At the GW store, it was 10K per player, and I pulled out Orks and Chaos with the Stompa and LoS. The LoS ended up taking all of the big guns on the table it was on (we had three tables set up in a row), before finally giving in and blowing up, taking a Vindicator and four Grots with it. The Stompa survived the first two turns with card shenanigans, while just mowing down squads of Marines, blowing up vehicles, and stomping stuff in combat. It brutally murdered Thunderwolf Cavalry, a bunch of Marines, several vehicles, some Centurions, a Commissar squad, a Psyker squad, and a Shadowblade, just slowly marching forward eating everything. It brought a happy tear to this Ork's eye. We burned a point to bring back the Lord of Skulls, who rumbled onto an objective, burned a boatload of Marines, and shredded some more in combat. Those two guys did more than their fair share of killing.

I haven't tried the Stompa in Escalation yet, but I'll be giving it a go when I find someone willing to try it out. Likely in a really silly match.

They're fun, but they are a bit much for normal 40K games, in my opinion.

I got one Knight, Fellblade Pylon and a testeract vault/Obelisk

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast