BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What Chaos Legion would you save?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emperor's Children

18 10.78%
  • Iron Warriors

15 8.98%
  • Night Lords

6 3.59%
  • World Eaters/War Hounds

6 3.59%
  • Death Guard/Dusk Raiders

12 7.19%
  • Thousand Sons

81 48.50%
  • Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus

4 2.40%
  • Word Bearers/Imperial Heralds

2 1.20%
  • Alpha Legion

23 13.77%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I think one of the things that most of the HH novel writers have done is create some internal conflict with all of the primarchs. Some of the primarchs already seem to be touched by Chaos before everyone took sides.

It's very easy to imagine Sanguinious becoming consumed by the black rage and turn into a full-on space vampire or how Russ could be a plundering space werewolf-viking and loot the universe. On the inverse, even the Night Lords novel gives Cruze some redeeming qualities.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    I think one of the things that most of the HH novel writers have done is create some internal conflict with all of the primarchs. Some of the primarchs already seem to be touched by Chaos before everyone took sides.

It's very easy to imagine Sanguinious becoming consumed by the black rage and turn into a full-on space vampire or how Russ could be a plundering space werewolf-viking and loot the universe. On the inverse, even the Night Lords novel gives Cruze some redeeming qualities.
    One of the things I really enjoy about Warhammer 40k's lore is that evil is always a choice. There's no "oh no, the warp is overtaking me, and now I'm evil!" nonsense. Oh, sure, the a daemon could take over your body and turn it into a monster and use it to kill your buddies... but at that point you're basically dead, it's just that your corpse is (inconveniently) murdering folks. None of the traitor primarchs needed to fall, and none of the loyal needed to remain so. Sanguinius learned about honor, nobility, and sacrifice from his adopted parents, whoever they were, and those lessons led him to remain loyal.

If anything, that's what I wish we saw more of in the series - the life experiences that made these men the people they were before they became primarchs. I want to know about how some desert barbarians taught a young Sanguinius how to be a mensch, and I want to know where Lorgar's parents screwed up! If more of those stories were included in the series, I'd probably have read further than I did.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by nathaneal246 View Post
    The Night Lords may have a book on the horizon, well Night Lords/Dark Angels! I say this after recently seeing a picture on Aaron Dembski-Bowdens blog! It shows Sevatar!
    that would have to go way back in time... Thramas has already happened and has been briefly covered... or maybe its something completely new? kinda doubt that though, the coincidence would just be too big
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Another vote for the Thousand Sons. I wish that, in the end, Magnus and his chapter could have rejected chaos and gone rogue. It would be interesting if one of the legions had ended up unaligned on account of being betrayed by both sides.

As for who I would like to see fallen? Definitely not the Blood Angels. What makes them interesting, like the Dark Angels, is that they deny their nature and hide their secret. If they were out of the warp closet it would be too straight-forward. I think crazy Khan or Corax would be cool, however.

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    that would have to go way back in time... Thramas has already happened and has been briefly covered... or maybe its something completely new? kinda doubt that though, the coincidence would just be too big
    Maybe its about how they escape from the Dark Angel Flagship! Theres no way they will keep them locked up for the rest of he series!

Brother-Captain

I would interject that we still don't know if the Alpha Legion is *actually* driven by loyalty to Chaos or a ill-conceived plan to continue their efforts of saving the Imperium by letting it fall to Chaos.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I would interject that we still don't know if the Alpha Legion is *actually* driven by loyalty to Chaos or a ill-conceived plan to continue their efforts of saving the Imperium by letting it fall to Chaos.
    There plan was never to save the Imperium, the plan was for Horus to win and then turn on his own Empire in a fury at what he's done, wiping out humanity entirely and depriving Chaos of that source of emotional energy

Has anyone here heard of the Dornian Heresy? It makes for a great alternate timeline.

[url]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/heresy/thedornianheresy.pdf[/url]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456