So, the preface.
Tara isn't a world killer and likely won't be getting the job done on her own, but is highly versatile and, most importantly (for me, at least), has a cool theme.
She's pretty well-rounded and has no exceptional characteristics apart from her high volume of actions. Her main strength is having a lot of tricks, and interestingly it isn't crushing if you lose her, since she's more often assisting than doing the heavy lifting herself. Her crew tends towards a very high action count, which makes it able to switch between a focus on objectives and straight fighting, though I think her style still ultimately favors objectives.

I've found that she's most rewarding to play right near the front lines, closer than you usually want your support piece, as her strongest abilities and tricks require her and her allies to be very near enemies. Combined with pretty average stats and the fact that she's regularly going to be emptying your hand, this places her in the category of a finesse/tricks master.
On to my supah-long Tactics article, because it's way too long to reformat that again here, especially since I plan to continue updating this with experience.
[url=http://spiralingcadaver.blogspot.com/2014/04/sounds-of-silence-tara-and-obliteration.html]Link![/url]
(if you've got questions, criticism, etc. here or my blog are both fine)