36 17.56%
  • I go to all the tournaments I can

3 1.46%
  • What's 40K?

3 1.46%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Collectors vs Casual vs Competitive

So, given this article: [url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/03/so-gw-you-still-think-youre-just-model.html[/url]

How many people here do or don't play 40k?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I haven´t played a single game in about three years and when I played, I played only casually with friends. Although I buy every codex at least in the ebook version and write lists for all models I buy. I like buying and building models and I like reading fluff and build fluffy armies. I don´t have the time to really paint all the stuff I buy and to play games. For me, GW is doing it right... I can buy new models and think about fluffy ways to use the new rules and models to build fluffy armies.
    By the way: I own a huge Imperial Guard army (9000), a huge Chaos Space Marines army (8000), Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Iron Hands, Grey Knights, Chaos Daemons, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Inquisition, Adeptus Sororitas, Adeptus Mechanicus counts as IG, Celestial Lions counts as Space Wolves, Imperial Warbringers Space Marines and a Knight. As you can see, almost every new release can be build in any of my armies, so I buy new stuff frequently. The last things I bought were fantasy knights, to put my space marine "bikers" upon, a fantasy chaos lord, to build a custodes captain, a land speeder storm as a transport for my old Adeptus Arbites counting as scouts for the deathwatch allies of my xenos inquisitor, an Imperial Knight and the new hellbrute, to use the spare parts for old chaos dreadnoughts.
    I tried Infinity and bought some Aleph minis, but I don´t get in the fluff, cause I didn´t buy a rulebook (the rules can be downloaded for free without the fluff parts) and the setting is not "dark" enough for me. The rules seemed to complicated to get in it easy. So I only played once. I never thought about WarmaHordes cause in my opinion the minis are plain ugly. What I do is use minis or parts from other companies in my armies, for example hasslefree, cmon or raging heroes. Never thought about playing on tournaments or in GW stores, so having no problem with this.
    I spend a fair amount of money on GW products and enjoy the hobby without plaing games. The rules are interesting but not decisive for me to buy a mini. As far as I am concerned GW is doing it completely right at the moment.

Occuli Imperator

I would primarily count myself as a collector. When my army gets updated I want/have/need to buy enough kits so that I can field every option available. The move to double FOC hit my wallet hard . Aside from that I keep building out my BAs until I have an entire Chapter.
    In the mean time trying to be able to play "every option" to my orks, then my eldar and grey knights need new models though so far I am resisting this. The thoughts of an imperial guard army (counts-as Baal PDF) are never far from my mind.

That being said, it is a rare month where I don't play at least 1 game. But certainly, it is all about the pretty miniatures
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I count myself as a narrative player.
    I enjoy writing background for an army, then modelling and painting that army to perform like I have written, and then I can play with it competitively or casually. So long as I have stuck to the background of my army in question.

Basically, I follow the Codex Astartes.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I'd still play if I had anyone to play with anymore
    But primarily I'm a collector. Hence why I have about three times the amount unpainted bnib than painted.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

First-Captain

I've been a collector for many years and have only just found a gaming club that I like in the last couple of years. I've played more in the last 2 years than I have in the last 18. I'm loving it!

I'm still painting... and painting and painting... lack of time prevents me from finishing the painting process and start playing so I consider myself a collector.

Librarian

I play rarely. I can go months without playing a game (but then, I can go months without painting a model too).

I enjoy building and painting the most, and playing a casual game against fluff-listers is a lot of fun. I don't mind helping people perfect their tourney lists, but sometimes my lists/strategies aren't up to snuff, so I can't really offer much more than some models that the enemy can practice target priority on.

superglue, bluetack, marker pens, spray can ! the plastic crack is for playing with !

Initiate

I play casually: my Dark Eldar vs my boyfriends Nids, Iron Hands, Tau, or Necrons. And my cousins Chaos. It's always a loss for me but it is nice to have people to regularly play with.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast