BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lykum View Post
    I kindof disagree with you on this point. Target lock on Soontir Fel is amazing. When you take PTL, he'll be focusing and target locking almost every turn. In general, stealth devices are one hit wonders. They feel awesome if your dice are hot, but not really worth 3 points in my opinion. You can take adrenaline rush or veteran instincts in combo with the targeting computer for the same points. Now you have solid abilities that will last the whole game. Plus, you have the option of locking a ship that will be in your firing arc next turn and then focusing. Now you have both.
    On Soontir Fel, sure, FFG even points out that combo in one of their posts leading up to the Aces release, but he's a special case. And I did say generally, yeah, there's cases where it's useful, but especially on the lower skill pilots lacking EPT slots I'm not sure it's as useful. And maybe I just overestimate how effective Stealth Device is thanks to how bad I am at hitting ships with 4 evasion die.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    On Soontir Fel, sure, FFG even points out that combo in one of their posts leading up to the Aces release, but he's a special case. And I did say generally, yeah, there's cases where it's useful, but especially on the lower skill pilots lacking EPT slots I'm not sure it's as useful. And maybe I just overestimate how effective Stealth Device is thanks to how bad I am at hitting ships with 4 evasion die.
    I don't spend any points on low skill pilots, so I agree with you there.

Statistically, target lock and focus are identical when rolling to hit. 75% hit rate per die for both. The strength is being able to use them together which pushes it to a ridiculous 93% chance per die. I tend to drop a target lock on a turn when I know I won't be able to get a shot, on the next turn turn around and focus.

On the stealth device you only have a 37% success chance per die (not counting focus). With 3 dice you evade 1.125 times, and with 4 dice it is 1.5 times. If it was every turn I'd be all over it, but for 3 points there are better things to do.

Daemon-Prince

Well turns out i can't GET ANY OF THE SHIPS here so....Good going FFG!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Statistically, target lock and focus are identical when rolling to hit.
    That's sort of true. However, while both result in a 75% chance to land any sort of hit, target lock improves your chances of landing a critical hit from 12.5% to 23.4%, which is why I always use target lock instead of focus if I know I'm only looking for offensive utility.

Daemon-Prince

Alright i am stuck between these lists, i am a pretty aggressive player and love speed so i am not sure which one is the best fit! (And i am ordering my ships tomorrow!)

list #1
    ========
    ===========
    Royal Guard
    ===========
    100 points

Pilots
    ------

Kir Kanos (26)
    TIE Interceptor (24), Royal Guard TIE (0), Targeting Computer (2)

Carnor Jax (31)
    TIE Interceptor (26), Push the Limit (3), Royal Guard TIE (0), Targeting Computer (2)

Krassis Trelix (43)
    Firespray-31 (36), Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

List #2
    --------

===========
    Royal Wrath
    ===========
    100 points

Pilots
    ------

Carnor Jax (32)
    TIE Interceptor (26), Push the Limit (3), Hull Upgrade (3)

Colonel Jendon (29)
    Lambda-Class Shuttle (26), ST-321 (3)

Academy Pilot (12)

Kir Kanos (27)
    TIE Interceptor (24), Hull Upgrade (3)

List #3
    ---------
    ===============
    Fel\Jax Shuttle
    ===============

100 points

Pilots
    ------

Soontir Fel (33)
    TIE Interceptor (27), Push the Limit (3), Hull Upgrade (3)

Carnor Jax (32)
    TIE Interceptor (26), Push the Limit (3), Hull Upgrade (3)

Omicron Group Pilot (23)
    Lambda-Class Shuttle (21), Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Academy Pilot (12)

List #4
    ----------
    ==================
    Interceptor Power
    ==================

100 points

Pilots
    ------

Carnor Jax (33)
    TIE Interceptor (26), Push the Limit (3), Shield Upgrade (4)

Saber Squadron Pilot (27)
    TIE Interceptor (21), Push the Limit (3), Hull Upgrade (3)

Avenger Squadron Pilot (20)

Avenger Squadron Pilot (20)

Veteran-Sergeant

Sorry, just saw this today. Based on what you've been saying, I'd go with list 1 or 4. The shuttle will just bum you out.

Daemon-Prince

Sorry, just saw this today. Based on what you've been saying, I'd go with list 1 or 4. The shuttle will just bum you out.
    Lovely.....So Vader isn't worth it compared to an interceptor character since i don't really get to abuse his pistol skill is he? (I mean....his attacks suck)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12