BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Go with yellow!

Recent GW paints seem to have cracked the 'yellow looks awful' issue. Local manager has an Imperial Fists army painted using GW paints, and it looks lovely.

Me? I've spotted in another thread that Knights can be taken as an army in their own right....3-6 of them, which seems fun!
    I might very well. My wife suggests that I go with Hawkwood, and she's never wrong about what I'll like.

Yep. That's a thing. It looks like a stupidly fun thing. I don't know if it's a good thing, though, but I bet it would be fun. I don't think I'm likely to ever own that many knights, though. Maybe I'll try to buy one every year for a while?

And with only two options, wouldn't it get boring? If the kit allowed you to build all the knight variants, then maybe...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Currently writing up my CV (Resume for you foreign types) to go for a new job. And if I lands this one, significant income boost means lots of armies and toys and fun and that....

And a Knight Household is looking like a strong old candidate for that.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    And with only two options, wouldn't it get boring? If the kit allowed you to build all the knight variants, then maybe...
    I'd rather suspect it to be separate kits if anything, since Lancers are supposed to be smaller and Crusaders and Castellans are larger...

but there are no visual resources for them
    they are described in Mechanicum - kinda Ultramarines colours if iirc - blue and gold...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chaplain

House Arakon is on the list because green is my favorite color, and it would look interesting alongside my red and silver Knights of Blood... except that I'm planning to go green and gold for my Sisters of Battle, whom it would also fight alongside, and then it would fail to contrast.
    A reverse of the colors may look good together?

Is it just me or does these drawings look like he's in the middle of dancing the 'Time Warp' or something.

"FEAR THE DISCO KNIGHT!"

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    So overpriced, low initiative walkers that will die in a round or two of shooting with weapons that you can have on tanks. The Knight Paladin could be cool as a long range nuke machine, but at almost 400 points that does not seem worth it. At all. I'm really hoping these rumors are no where near the mark.
    I suggest you read the rules for super heavies, you can't knock a weapon off, you can't immobilise them, shake them stun them and certainly can't blow them away in a single shot as they only lose hull points even on an explodes result. What more do you want for 300 points dude? A baneblade is 500+ and probably weaker than these in that it has no invuln save.

The only thing I'm dreading is the Real life cost of them, with GW pricing policy I'm guessing upwards of a ton? Wraithknight was 70 and that isn't Super heavy (why escapes me) most Super heavies are around the 85-100 mark now except the Stompa (which surprised me tbh I thought they would have thrown in a few extra weapon options and upped the ante like they did the imperium supers).

I'll certainly look into the book as the idea of a super heavy mercenary to add to any army that needs it when I play an Apoc does appeal.
    Last edited by John Bower; 02-15-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    I suggest you read the rules for super heavies, you can't knock a weapon off, you can't immobilise them, shake them stun them and certainly can't blow them away in a single shot as they only lose hull points even on an explodes result. What more do you want for 300 points dude? A baneblade is 500+ and probably weaker than these in that it has no invuln save.

The only thing I'm dreading is the Real life cost of them, with GW pricing policy I'm guessing upwards of a ton? Wraithknight was 70 and that isn't Super heavy (why escapes me) most Super heavies are around the 85-100 mark now except the Stompa (which surprised me tbh I thought they would have thrown in a few extra weapon options and upped the ante like they did the imperium supers).

I'll certainly look into the book as the idea of a super heavy mercenary to add to any army that needs it when I play an Apoc does appeal.
    Indeed... this thing is probebly UNDERCOSTED by 30 to 50 points honestly. The super heavy walker rules give it a huge boon that typical WAAC players can't comprehend because they're stuck in the "Apocalypse and escalation are not real" mentality.

One thing that I know people are going to mess up right away is the whole ion shield thing. Its specifically HITS that it protects against... so you roll 4++ against HITS not damage results like you would a cover/jink save.

Say I hit your knight with 4 bright lance shots. YOu roll 4 dice and save against 2.... I then roll to pen/glance you and if I do, damage result.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Scout

One of these will make a fine centerpiece for my 30K Ad-mech army! If there is a Ad-mech army list in the book for 40K as the rumours state,then Woo-hoo!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Indeed... this thing is probebly UNDERCOSTED by 30 to 50 points honestly. The super heavy walker rules give it a huge boon that typical WAAC players can't comprehend because they're stuck in the "Apocalypse and escalation are not real" mentality.
    I am beginning to agree. They are quite powerful. They are very durable platforms for really nasty long-range weapons, and anything that gets into base-to-base with them is just gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    One thing that I know people are going to mess up right away is the whole ion shield thing. Its specifically HITS that it protects against... so you roll 4++ against HITS not damage results like you would a cover/jink save.

Say I hit your knight with 4 bright lance shots. YOu roll 4 dice and save against 2.... I then roll to pen/glance you and if I do, damage result.
    Mathematically speaking, does this really matter?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Mathematically speaking, does this really matter?
    I think so depending on what you're using to hit with.

Lemme do the maths...

6 lascannon shots @ BS4 using 4++ against HITS to glance or pen on AV13

6 * .6666 *.5 * .5 = 1 glance or pen

How about 6 missile launchers

6 * .666 * .5 * .333 = .666 glance or pen

Flip the Ion shield to save against glance or pens...

6 *.666 * .333 * .5 = .666 glance or pen

Guess you're right I suppose.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I imagine the logic would go if it really protects you against hits, then it's not a save which only applies to damage (putting it in the same class as eldar holofields or void shields) and therefore not ignored by D weapons which would never get to their special damage table but that sounds too good to be true.

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast