BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Tyranids 1750pts tournament build.

Ladies and Gents,

Could I please ask you to look over and assess my list below. It needs to be in by tomorrow in time for the tournament.

Tyrant - 250
    Lash Whip and Bonesword, Wings, Heavy Venom Cannon, Toxin Sacs

Tyrant - 220
    Wings, HVC

3 Warriors - 100
    Venom Cannon
    3 Warriors - 100
    Venom Cannon
    3 Warriors - 100
    Venom Cannon

1 Venomthrope - 45
    3 Zoanthropes - 150

Harpy - 135
    Harpy - 135

3 Biovores - 120
    Exocrine - 170
    Mawloc - 140

Aegis - 85
    Quadgun

Idea is that exocrine mans the gun with venomthrope hiding behind that and the zoanthropes along with the biovores. This gives me a fairly solid firebase with lots of AP2 and AP3 out to 24" and skyfire/intercept out to 48" along with some lovely S4 AP4 Barrages from the biovores providing that all important pinning.

Plan for the tyrants is to either swoop them on for turn 2 along with the harpy's or perhaps deep strike and hope I don't scatter. either way they will be up on the enemies line however the reason for the HVC's is that is how they are modelled, which may provide me with some nice anti-vehicle ranged weapons.

Warriors are going to most likely plod forward using as much cover as possible.

Let me know what you think, good or bad.

Chaplain

The only real problem I can see is with only 3 small Troops choices it might be tough for you to hold objectives.

My thoughts on your list.

The aegis with quad gun is 100 points, not 85. Either seperate the zoans into 2 squads to spead synapse around plus they only roll for 1 extra power per squad, not model, so you get an extra roll for a good power. Or keep them together and take another 1 man unit of venomthropes, either drop a zoan or something else. Finally, you are limiting your tyrants IMO by the weapon loadouts you have them with, I know you said they are built that way (so rebuild them! ), but for what you want them going after in CC, they don't need whips or swords. The HVC can't shoot at enemy flyers (neither can the harpies guns) so you are limiting your ability to deal with flyer lists. I would also switch the venom cannons to barbed strangers because they are large blasts that cause pinning so can be great vs troops.

Chaplain

Well if the objective is to simply to hold your own deployment area it may work for you, otherwise I agree with the above posts about lack of troops, May even want to put at least 2 warrior broods into reserve with Outflank given to two of them via Hive Commander on the Tyrants.

As mentioned the Aegis Defense Line w/ Quad is 100 with Lascannon is 85

Most opposing fliers should be capable of decimating this list just because apart from one round of fire from the Icarus its full of blast weapons which leaves only your exorcine and zoanthropes to fire back a limited amount of attacks at a limited range.

In an objective game, all someone would need to do is kill 9 models and you can't win. Now that Tervigons are garbage, Tyranids need their swarms of little dudes in every game.
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    In an objective game, all someone would need to do is kill 9 models and you can't win. Now that Tervigons are garbage, Tyranids need their swarms of little dudes in every game.
    Agreed. If you swapped out 1 squad of warriors with an equal number of guants, you'd at least have some numbers to camp on an objective.

Kind of a very mediocre list in the sense that it doesn't really do any 1 thing very well. Harpy units are to aid in assault with some decent options for AA (venom cannon is ok here) but you don't really have a CC army or anything you are trying to do that with. Horde? Nope. Very small unit count and while warriors are.. probably avoid at all cost units as your sole scoring units this is a major red flag. Biovores are good. Exocrine is decent but you have too few units to ever really hope that ends up doing anything at all. If I am your opponent I ignore it until it's around 24' out and then I blow it up which gives me 1-2 turns to pretend it doesn't exist. Flyrants are ok but I don't like the venom cannon on one. Either dual brainleech or maybe make a case for a h2h flyrant but don't try and do both.
    Member of team Zer0Comp and the website www.frontlinegaming.org

Cool cheers for all the feedback guys... i've only managed two games so far with the new book.

What i'll do for the tournament is just proxy the weapons and rebuild later...

If i drop all the additions and go for dual brainleech on both that would free up the 15pts on the aegis i miscounted.

I do like the amount of pinning shots nidz chuck out... not exactly sure what to use as troops... i guess i could go with a mix of gants and gaunts.

And spreading the zoans into two squads is a good idea... or maybe dropping 1 in favour of another venomthrope.

How do you guys feel about a unit of warriors and some infiltrating/outflanking stealers?

Re-write as below....

Flyrant - 230
    Wings TL-Brainleech

Flyrant - 230
    Wings TL-Brainleech

10 Termagants - 40
    Spike rifles
    15 Termagants - 60
    Spike Rifles
    15 Hormagaunts - 75
    15 Hormagaunts - 75

2 Venomthropes - 90
    2 Zoanthropes - 100
    1 Zoanthrope - 100

Harpy - 135
    Harpy - 135

3 Biovores - 120
    Exocrine - 170
    Mawloc - 140

Aegis with Quadgun - 100 (Correct points this time )

Everything rushes while biovores, the single zoan, exocrine and venoms bunker down in the aegis. Exocrine manning the quad. Hopefully this is better now to go and play test it against Iron hands.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    Tervigons are not garbage. They just aren't Over Powered.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast