BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default When kickstarters go wrong,

So a successful kickstarter has been plummeted into chaos because of trouble with their manufacturing company. For the full story here it is:
    [URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alyssafaden/torn-armor/posts"]Torn Armor Update[/URL]

What is most frustrating about this not that I have backed, which I haven't but members of my group have. Also its sad when a great idea is damaged by third party issues.

Update: this is getting catty and interesting [URL="https://www.facebook.com/DefianceGames"]Defiance Games replied on Facebook[/URL]

After a little digging seems defiance are more than likely in the wrong, as it appears defiance have taken products and agreed deals without paying etc
    Last edited by Bigred; 01-24-2014 at 02:47 PM.

What a shame.

Crazy! Didn't realize those guys were local (relative to me, that is).

Sorry to hear that's happening to 'em...

Ouch. I hope Natalya files a lien on Defiance.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

BTW, why isn't this titled "Defiance Games steals from Indie game developer"?
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

I hope they pursue all legal options, such a shame.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    defiance games

Brother-Captain

Oooooooo, they've got a super professional open letter response on their facebook page. I'vecopy pasted it: An open letter to Alyssa Faden of Torn Armor.

Alyssa,

Did you really have to take so little responsibility and say that WE failed? After a nice paragraph in which you say you should take the blame, you write a long text blaming us. Wrong.

Basically, your figures were not produced because the digital files you provided do not work. Yet you try to shift responsibility for that to Defiance. Defiance DID NOT create the digital files. It was never our responsibility to do that. You should admit that, but you do not.

This is your project -- the only person responsible for the fact that Defiance never received workable files is ultimately you, Alyssa. The buck stops with you when it comes to Torn.

After the original files proved unworkable, the vendor you hired to fix them did not provide results which could be manufactured (Did you really want us to try and make a 20 mm resin figure in 5 parts???). Nothing that happened at Defiance, the 'changing of the guard' or the 'turbulent times' changes that.

You claim to have patience. Well, you are now choosing (it is a choice on your part) to close your project. Ultimately, this might still be a fixable problem. We have suggested possible solutions. You have decided not to do that. That is your decision and your responsibility. Do not blame anyone else for it.

I am really disappointed in you.

John Morse

And between this and the debacle of Heroquest 25, we see why I'm really, really wary of Kickstarters.

I know these are the exception to the rule, but even so, too high a risk for little old me.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And between this and the debacle of Heroquest 25, we see why I'm really, really wary of Kickstarters.

I know these are the exception to the rule, but even so, too high a risk for little old me.
    Indeed, I was sorely tempted by the AvP Kickstarter that Prodos Games ran just before Christmas, as a company I know that they are on the level as they succesfully delivered the Warzone resurrection Kickstarter earlier in the year, but I just couldn't hand over £200 of my money for something that I wouldn't receive for several months. Your legal position as an 'investor' effectively in Kickstarter projects all seems a bit grey to me, particularly in the event that a project falls through during production, and where third party suppliers are involved, as has happened here. Spare a thought for the poor buggers who put there money into this one in good faith
    Last edited by Lukas The Trickster; 01-24-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    When I was younger, they all laughed at me when I told them I wanted to be a comedian - they're not laughing now!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast