BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    As a fellow Guardsman, all I can say is "suck it up".
    For this is the essence of the Guard.

Librarian

guard will get their fair share of pastic crack with the new codex when it is released. and you do realize that it is the boyz in blue the allow for everyone else to get their shiny kits right? Marine sales as a whole are what allows for the development of other kits and for continued development of 40k. So i say yes please marines marines marines and please buy their data slates. if marine sales do well that will allow for the development of guard, eldar, andv tau ect.

Brother-Sergeant

Also the Ultramarine Tyranid War Vets already had models made, and were missing rules since their 4th edition codex. There was no reason not to make rules for models that already exist, that had rules in the past but have been left out for years. In addition the TWV in terms of lore represent events in the story line that was just important as the 13th Black Crusade or the Third War for Armageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
    Also the Ultramarine Tyranid War Vets already had models made, and were missing rules since their 4th edition codex. There was no reason not to make rules for models that already exist, that had rules in the past but have been left out for years. In addition the TWV in terms of lore represent events in the story line that was just important as the 13th Black Crusade or the Third War for Armageddon.
    Then where is my Black Stone Fortress and Gothic Sector Imperial Navy data slate.

I am not saying that this data slate should not have been released, I am saying that it should have been put on ice till after the first Nid supplement or at the same time. More anything that is not mahreen based would have been nice, or toss a bone to the Chaos variety and get a move on with the Legion supplements.

Because Battlefleet Gothic isn't a currently-supported game...?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Because Battlefleet Gothic isn't a currently-supported game...?
    It is part of 40K and a Black Stone Fortress would make a great addition to either an Imperial or Chaos army The problem is getting the 28mm scale model to your gaming club

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Sergeant View Post
    Nope. You're not thinking with your business cap on, lol.

Tyranids players have a new book and new models to buy. They aren't going to have money left over for a new supplement.

If Genestealer Cult rules do end up coming, they'll be a supplement down the line for when Tyranid players have some money again.
    Hmmm... agree, and disagree.

Given that a Genestealer Cult supplement would probably look at allowing a Tyranid player to use Imperial Guard units, or vice versa, I would think the best time to release would be AFTER the IG codex was out. Tempt a Tyranid player towards IG purchases, tempt an IG player to buy Tyranids - both without having to provide much in the way of new model ranges, and to launch with new "tested" 6th edition rules available for both parts of the new supplements army.

And this probably would not best be done too far after the release of both codex' when potential buyers may be focussing on new bright and shiney's and have money they are deciding what to spend it on.

That all said, I really hope if it did happen there would be no return of any coven limousines. Work nicely in the fluff as the way to get round cities, but look silly in confrontation with any tank on a cratered and fortified battlefield of the 41st millennium.

Brother-Captain

I love Tyranids, they're my main army. Tyrannic War Veterans are a big part of the Tyranid fluff. They're the closest thing the Imperium has to a good shot at the hive fleets, they're really important in that regard and are much more notable and relevant to the Tyranid release than anything else they could have released. The battle for Macragge is without a doubt the most well-known battle against the Tyranids, if there's one thing the Ultramarines should be remembered for it's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    As a fellow Guardsman, all I can say is "suck it up". I mean, we're getting a new codex in less than two months (maybe 3 if they decide to be shifty about it) and they are likely going to be giving me back my baret-wearing stormtroopers/veterans. I'm happy as a clam to wait and see.

Also, since this game has always had a foundation of being about the "boys in blue," I imagine that you're going to be tired for a long, long time to come.
    Can I ask where the info comes from about the new IG codex coming out within the next few months, is that definitely on or just rumour.

Chapter-Master

You lost me when you said something about "imperial guard" and "complaining about a codex". The guard codex has been good to great for two editions. You should expect to met with the same derision as when myself or other wolf players complain that we don't have a flier.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast