BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default 6th Edition Army core themes

So With Tyranids now out and people getting in practice games in, people are starting to suggesting that a mix of swarms and big MC's is the way the army works best. Now in the rumours I stated this is probably the way the army would work and is the most true to fluff Tyranids for a couple of years.

This has got me thinking we have a few codecii out now and each fits a theme:

CSM: focus on individuals gaining power and prestige rather than the collective making ground

DA: focus on the 'Wings' and hunt for the fallen, again strong to fluff and see benefits towards traitors.

Daemons: Chaos incarnate, Storm, random gifts etc need I say more?

Tau: Quality fire power, large number of multipliers (sum of parts/greater good) and always developing e.g. Riptide.

Eldar: Elite deadly troops that are graceful (run + shoot), but are fragile T3 etc, and arcane weapons (D scythes)

Marines: Stable strong but the flexibility of all different styles of warfare, not particularly amazing at anything but can be the bane of anything with the right tactics.

Tyranids: Sheer weight of bodies backed by beasts with specific skills.

Now we have a few armies to come and yes these core themes have been in the armies but I have never felt they have been implemented as well as they are now. So how do you feel the core themes will transfer into rules for the last few armies?

First-Captain

IG doesn´t need to change anything to stay true to their theme... just add a few tanks to taste, maybe rework the Orders system (or just leave it, works fine imho, maybe needs a little more power)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans