BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default GW+FW+BL= one big company?

This cropped up yesterday and was semi confirmed by a friend who I trust with sort of thing. So is this happening? There must be something out there to say yay or na to this.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

They already are one big company.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Their results come under Gw plc, and have done for a long old while.

Fun fact. Forgeworld and Black Library pretty much share an office. I've been in there. It is sweet.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Not what I meant. From what I have heard they will be ONE not sisters. Forge world in store
    GW site redo.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Chapter-Master

Well after the WD thing I wouldn't put anything past GW these days, they've certainly ramped up the FW range...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    Not what I meant. From what I have heard they will be ONE not sisters. Forge world in store
    GW site redo.
    Maybe, if they have figured out how to produce enough FW kits to keep all stores stocked comfortable which was the main trouble before, as I understand it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

I would love it if I could go to GW to get my Forge World kits (even better if I could get them from my FLGS like I do most of my GW kits). Anything to not have to pay the completely random and ridiculous delivery fess I sometimes have to pay (mosly if the package is delivered by UPS instead of Canada Post but there is no rhyme or reason behind which packages go through the post and which go through UPS near as I can tell).

Librarian

If LGS's can get FW kits regularly,then FW has found some way to increase production by 9001% or something. Hopefully, at that rate the casting quality won't suffer. I could see some smaller stuff at GW's stores to "test the waters", stuff like Land Raider doors and such. Leaving the bigger whole models to Forgeworld's website allowing them to "print on demand". If GW stores were to carry the Heresy stuff, like Primarchs, older Mark armours, etc... Then FW would be hugely overwhelmed just filling all the GW stores world wide.
    As I'm not an expert on resin molds; Would the extra printings cause the molds to deteriorate faster, and thus require replacement more often? If so, then the cost of the models may be increased to off-set demand and pay for the newer molds.

It could be the happy middle ground you know......

Still not physically stocked in GW stores, but able to be Direct Ordered, including Ze Free Shippink into Store.

I know that'd make me happier about procuring Forgeworld. Those shipping prices can be offputting.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

To be clear my LGS carries the minimum required to sell GW products so my normal method of purchase is to tell the owner what I would like and he orders it in for me. If I could do the same with Forge World through a store I would be happy, even if they was a slightly longer wait to get it.

*Ninja'd by Mr.Mystery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast