BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wild Speculation, 7th Ed starter set

assuming for a moment that the rumors of 7th Ed 40k in September are true what can we guess about a 7th Ed starer set. (if you wish to dispute to validity of the 7th Ed rumor please see the flame war in "news and rumors" on the matter and don't clog up this thread)

So amusing the rumors are true, and assuming there will be a starter set and amusing that natfka is correct with [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/12/40k-fantasy-release-order.html"]release order[/URL] then i am inclined to think the set would be Space wolves / Dark eldar with the possibility of being Space wolves / Orks insted. what do the rest of you think.

Veteran-Sergeant

I hope this is wild speculation. This is one reason why I've stopped playing 40k. I have to pay alot of money for a new version of the rules that seem to come out every year.

When I first started playing was in third edition and that lasted for a long time before any serious updates.

Monopoly came out in 1936 and the only thing they've changed was one token.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

The boxed set will feature the Squats in an epic battle against the Hrud

I'm guessing that if 7th edition is true, (I doubt it, but that's not the point) that it will be a very minor overhaul. Honestly it'll be more like 6.5th edition by combining all the supplements into a big book, and changing a few kinks.

Blood Angels and Orks

Could also simply be a re-boxing. Same rules, different models.

But I'm still happy it's a load of old bum grapes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

If a box 6.5 version does come out (which I'm not so sure about, going by what I've read), then I'll be deliriously happy if we get some Wolves. Time for someone other than DA or the UM posterboys to shine

Would we really have another set with Orks though? as they came with the AoBR box... I dunno, maybe Eldar? or am I about to get laughed out of the forum? Going by what we've seen with the complexity (and, dare I say it, beauty) of the CSM in the last box set, I'd actually like to see some Eldar in this style.
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Camel View Post
    I hope this is wild speculation. This is one reason why I've stopped playing 40k. I have to pay alot of money for a new version of the rules that seem to come out every year.

When I first started playing was in third edition and that lasted for a long time before any serious updates.

Monopoly came out in 1936 and the only thing they've changed was one token.
    Umm - Question? If you have stopped playing 40K why do you hope this is wild speculation? What does it matter a jot to a non-player?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Could also simply be a re-boxing. Same rules, different models.

But I'm still happy it's a load of old bum grapes.
    If anything, I'd have said the other way round. There's nothing wrong with the DV models and those sprues probably haven't paid for themselves yet. So I'd say a rules tweak, to incorporate things that have changed in later supplements, but the same models in the box set.

But nothing has been changed. Added yes, but the core rules remain as they were 18 months ago.

Whole rumour is very clearly made up.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast