BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do you enjoy about 40k?

Wave after wave of negativity are getting me down and show the worst sides of the community!

I'd like to ask you all what you like about this hobby, what you enjoy, no negativity, just discussing what things you love and why you love them.

I love painting models and seeing them painted, discussing painting techniques with my painting buddies and getting better at that. Whether its the amazing euro style golden demon winners like Fontaine or Bohun or just a really nice cohesive army, i love painted models

I also really like the fluff of 40k, the over the top oppressiveness of it all, the massive scale of everything in the universe is just really cool, it was to be 20 years ago and it still is today, I love the comedy of the orks and how they just don't care about anything but fighting, really makes me smile laugh.

Everything but the painting side!

This hobby set me on my current path in life, and all is good!

Favourite bit is probably building and converting, even though my artistic inability restricts this to simple kit bashes!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

If you've seen any of the photos I've ever posted, you'll clearly see that I love collecting, painting and gaming.

So, I love everything, except the whinging really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Everything but the painting side!

This hobby set me on my current path in life, and all is good!

Favourite bit is probably building and converting, even though my artistic inability restricts this to simple kit bashes!
    Send them over to me and I'll add them to my queue for you

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    If you've seen any of the photos I've ever posted, you'll clearly see that I love collecting, painting and gaming.

So, I love everything, except the whinging really.

Yeah, some times I think my hobby is collecting grey plastic rather than gaming

Librarian

easy enough for me first it starts out with an idea or a concept in my head. then it becomes a purchase here then one there. then as time goes on an army starts to take shape. some quicker then others. some are a much longer more painstaking process. Turning those grey plastic/resin miniatures into characters, powerful generals and captains. space marine hero's or a lowly imperial guardsmen who stands up to a chaos marine or an ork nob and wins.

Playing a game against a buddy and introducing a new unit or a new army he hasn't seen or played against. creating rivalries the petty banter that goes back and forth. my cell phone can attest to the times where depending on which armies are facing off there are either threats of excommunication or demands of submission as waaagh skulllbasher approaches. so for me honestly its got to be the story. each character i create or each tale that i weave from a particular battle or campaign.

Brother-Sergeant

SaveMod not to fret buddy. Ive been in this game for 25 years and seven editions. People are upset because GW has gotten too commercial and has forgotten that many of us truely love this game.

For me its the assembly conversions and painting. I love it! I spend three to twelve hours a day working with 40k and fantasy miniatures and have for the better part of three decades.

BTW if anyone needs painting I'm looking for new projects and work inexpensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
    SaveMod not to fret buddy. Ive been in this game for 25 years and seven editions. People are upset because GW has gotten too commercial and has forgotten that many of us truely love this game.

For me its the assembly conversions and painting. I love it! I spend three to twelve hours a day working with 40k and fantasy miniatures and have for the better part of three decades.

BTW if anyone needs painting I'm looking for new projects and work inexpensively.
    People have complained about GW being too commercial since the very beginning, its just now we have a massive global communication tool that lets us all validate each others complaints, as great as the internet it, its kind of an echo chamber for complaints sadly.

But enough of that!

Son of Romulous, I also story aspect, when i saw the term "Forging the Narrative" in the 6th edition rulebook, it clicked in my head, I knew exactly what they meant, I've been doing that all the while but they just put a name to it, I know people thought the mentions of it were cheesy, but I think every gamer would benefit from a bit more story to the games, which is what GW do seem to be adding now, more and more things, more missions and different things that can turn each battle into a memorable clash, the time the Boss Gragsnakz Stompa was held off by the void shields of an Imperial Guard defense line until they could bring their lascannons to bear! Space Marines dropping down into middle of an Eldar maiden world lead by a grizzled and hoary old Inquisitor, only to be pushed back when they realise the Eldar are joined by their depraved Dark kin!

Call me sad, but my Minotaur Space Marine army, everyone from Squad Leader rank upwards has a name, I have a spreadsheet of names, detailing each one, with plenty left over to assign to new recruits!

Battle-Brother

I love trolling lol just playing, I love the memories I've had and the people I've met, the effort gw puts into their sculps and kits the fluff, and painting, I hate knowing how many eldar grav tanks I've painted and lost idk what I would be doing now if I hadn't picked up my first guardian kit, but can't wait to see what the next decade has for us.

Scout

Hi I love writing Army Lists. Not competitive ones, just ones that include most of the models in my collection plus maybe a couple of things that are not. Then I spend ages scouring eBay or Facebook trade groups trying to get a bargain to complete the lists. Then before I get around to painting it up or gaming with it I'm already on another list and looking for more models.

Aside from this I'm in the process of building and painting my scenery and gaming board which I see as a future investment of getting my kids into the hobby I love and keeping them off the street causing trouble!

Occuli Imperator

Love th elore, love the playing dislike painting, hence my inability to paint a whole 2 squads this year also dislike packing away.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast