BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Attention Americans

LEARN FROM THIS!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Also, 'damn' is most definitely not a swear word.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

We just like trolling other nations. 'Hey, guess what, you spelt color wrong. What sort of idiot puts a u in color?'
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Ones using actual English

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

We couldn't even change to the metric system, don't ask us to make sense!

It's never pleasant when one's child is just so ungrateful.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Actually, curious - do you guys say "Nineteen[th of] December, twenty-thirteen" in actual speech? Or do you say, "December nineteenth, twenty-thirteen" and then write it 19-12-2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's never pleasant when one's child is just so ungrateful.
    You're just too old to understand

I would say 'Nineteenth of December'. If I could ever remember the date that is.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Actually, curious - do you guys say "Nineteen[th of] December, twenty-thirteen" in actual speech? Or do you say, "December nineteenth, twenty-thirteen" and then write it 19-12-2013?

or 19th of the 12 of the 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    We couldn't even change to the metric system, don't ask us to make sense!
    We only half did it, and thats only down to the political elite. It used to run in parallel. But you couldn't even manage imperial correctly
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 12-19-2013 at 10:22 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

It's most common to hear "December nineteenth, twenty-thirteen" here, I wonder which one influenced which, how we write it or how we say it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast