BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DaemonHunter Allies

I want to take Daemonhunter Allies for my Space marines without having to use Grey Knights. How would you fine gentlemen go about this? I'd also like to hear what people equip their Inquisitor Lords with to get some ideas for my own Lord. ((Favorite Retinue options as well))

Advice on the subject?

Librarian

Well I guess it depends on what you're looking to do with it. The most common non GK allied set up I see is the min equipped Inquisitor w/ psychic hood and assassin. Other than that the Demonhunters doesn't really offer that many good choices, so the assassin would be the only reason I think to take one.

I liked the fluff of Daemonhosts, so I was giving thought to using those. And I do like that bit of uncertaintly in the game as well.

That unlimited range LD10 psychic hood can be very handy for any army. A Psycannon is a great weapon, a pair of mystics will help with deep striking enemies. Beyond that, maybe a few cheap weapon toting veterans? Sages can be nice as well. I'd try and keep the squad cheap too. Then if you have the inquisitor might as well go for gold and add an assassin for extra inquisitorial fun.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Mystics in an Inquisitor's retinue are usually a good choice. 12 points for two and you get free shots at anything that deepstrikes near them (assuming you can roll decently). If your enemy isn't deepstriking anything near them then you only wasted 12pts on two ablative wounds.

Veteran-Sergeant

Also, 5 man stormtrooper squads are nice for holding objectives that are not under much pressure. Or even as suicidal tank busting teams. % man with two meltas (ignore the veteran) is only 70 points.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Chapter-Master

The only decent setup that you can't do better with SM or Grey Knight (or Sisters of Battle) units is an Inquisitor Lord with mystics, and and assassin if you feel like it.

Grey Knights do work fantastically as allies, if you have a LR or two to transport them in, though. And if you get a bit of practice using them.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Talking

Heres What I do
    1) Inqs
    ccombat (vs T4/demons) thunder/demonhammer needelr artificer bionics, digiweapons, scourge,
    and psy power that halts charges (retinue 3x combat servs, fammiliar, acolyts (artifacer/ power+needeler)

gunny artiface psycannon, bionics, melta,plasma, HB servs, 2x sages acolyte (stormbolter)

2)daremon hosts (tactica on BOLS)

3)stormies 2 flamer, chimera 2x Heavy flamer (4 flame templates)

4) assasins
    imperial (article on BOLS)
    d-cult (article on BOLS)

orbital strikes use the
    barrage
    melta (too pricy tanks will just drive away)
    Lance cheap,powerful, tankbusting, like a flying LHAZOR
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

The problem with daemonhosts is that they take up an elite slot and the marine book isn't short of good units to put in that slot, to an extent that's the problem with assassins as well. An Inquisitor Lord with mystics is a good addition especially against daemons and I'd guess it'll be useful against the new 'nids book when that's released with all its repeat deep striking fun.

I'd make the inquisitor pretty killy, I like psycannons and the psychic hood (as mentioned) is much better than the current marine one. A couple of mystics are very cheap, throw in some acolytes with storm shields and you've got 3++ saves on ablative wounds, you can even mix in some servitors to take the shots at deepstriking units if handing off to a dev squad or vindicator isn't possible.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Also, 5 man stormtrooper squads are nice for holding objectives that are not under much pressure. Or even as suicidal tank busting teams. % man with two meltas (ignore the veteran) is only 70 points.
    Or wasting points. A single assault by anything better than fire warriors and you'd find that objective taken. Sure, you could have cheap meltaspam, but there's really better things to spend that troops choice on...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast