BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

So this has been opened up to the entire world, and has also been given a gameplay video. Curious on everyone's thoughts about it now.

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

Well, I'm glad they can open it up like that. I haven't watched their gameplay video yet, but that's sure to be interesting.

At the moment, I don't have the funds to spare so I won't be getting in on it. Also, the prepaints really turn me off to the project- I've never seen a stretch goal before where I felt less interested in the project for it (quite a few where I was indifferent, but none that make me hope they don't get it).

www.GardenNinja.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    So this has been opened up to the entire world, and has also been given a gameplay video. Curious on everyone's thoughts about it now.
    Update #23 - Dec 26, 2013
    December 30: International Pledges Will Open

We're excited to announce that we have heard back from CapCom and will be able to start accepting pledges on December 30 from people living in the following territories:
    -Europe
    -Australia
    -New Zealand
    -Middle East
    Looks like they got their game license expanded beyond just the US / North America. Note that Capcom's home territories of Asia & Japan are specifically excluded.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Librarian

That is interesting. I could see how it would be harder to get the license there. At the same time, I can definitely see how Capcom wouldn't want the game released in Japan in English, and I'm not sure if Jasco is capable of making the game in Japanese.

www.GardenNinja.com

I'm almost certain that they can't make the game in Japanese. I'm very certain that they could partner with Capcom to produce a follow-on edition for the Japanese market.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Librarian

What I mean to say is, I'm not sure that Jasco has the connections and capabilities to create a game in Japanese. They may or may not have someone on their staff who knows the language, but it isn't likely they have someone who knows it well enough to do a rulebook.

I also doubt that they have the connections they need for distribution to Japan. So, for a Japanese edition to the game, it would probably be best for them to partner with a company that is already operating in Japan.

Of course, they'd also need the rights to sell it there (and it is clear they don't have those yet).

www.GardenNinja.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12