BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Will we see a IH centric book in Horus Heresy?

So It seems to me that every legion and primarch gets at least one book that focuses on it. Off of my head only Night Lords (who are featured in Unremembered Empire and Vulkan Lives), Imperial Fists (who will be showing up a ton when the siege comes around), and Iron Hands dont have books centered around them. Now by now we should all know what happens to the Iron Hands, so it seems obvious that Ferrus Manus won't play a part other then to haunt a certain character. But will his sons get a book, perhaps to reveal the turmoil in the legion after Istvaan? As an IH fan it seems a shame that they may not get a lot of air time as the series go on, and i may have to suffice with short stories and cameos in other works.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Brother-Sergeant

Well, look at it this way. Is it consistent with Black Library's track record to want to squeeze every last penny they can out of the Horus Heresy fanboys? If the answer is yes then the Iron Hands will at least get a full trilogy. If the answer is no then we will still get a full trilogy. If the Horus Heresy storyline is ever completed in my lifetime there is always the time period immediately following the Siege of Terra called "The Scouring" in which I assume every single faction will get yet another trilogy (at least).

First-Captain

After chats with some authors at different events I get the impression there is no plan to Have Ferrus in another Novel except maybe flash backs. There is a story being worked on that involves the Iron Hand Legion splintering up due to having their Primarch killed. Some guys join with Horus's side seeing him as the strongest, some join the Emeperor, some go rogue flying around doing what they like....apparently

This is from a chat with Graham McNeil. Have salt to hand.

I figured Ferrus would be a flashback only type deal. I kinda hate the idea of IH going traitor, not because i'm a huge fan of them but because it doesn't seem in their character. Iron hands ten thousand years later still despise the Sallies and Raven Guard for failing them at istvaan, i don't see them rushing to join up with the people who actually killed the Gorgon. Now if the split was primarily going rogue apart from the two major factions or staying loyal to the Big E, then that'd be pretty sensible.

However the idea of traitor members of loyalist legions seems like it has a lot of room to be explored, even though I can't see that many loyal legions switching sides as I could with the traitors staying loyal. Legionaries seem to be loyal to the Emperor and their Primarch, and siding against both doesn't make much sense IMO.
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

One of the short stories in Age of Darkness mentions Iron Hands attempting to put a force together to slow down the Sons of Horus after Isstvan, maybe that will be expanded on?

Chapter-Master

While it isn't an iron hands specific novel, I've personally really enjoyed the teaming up of the "Shattered Legions" in the most recent few HH novels. It's built a really clear understanding, for me at least, of how the legions differ and subsequently interact with each other.

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Sergeant

The issue with the IH after the Massacre is that they only number in the hundreds. They have no significant role in the Heresy as a whole other than a few survivors. The IH in Angel Exterminatus do the most after the destruction of their legion. Only after the Heresy could they make any real progression in their plot.