BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Oftentimes no. It's frequently classified as just a piece of wargear, which happens to specify that the model can never claim +1A for having two Melee weapons.
    Even if it was considered a melee weapon, there's nothing in the rules stating you do not benefit from the Storm Shield while wielding a two-handed weapon. All the rules *do* say is that you may never benefit from the bonus attack for wielding two weapons.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Yeah, this is one of those cases where reading too much into the name of the rule really is reading too much into the name of the rule. "Hands" are not a game concept. There's no rule stating that you can only have, or benefit from, X hands' worth of gear. There is never a case where you need to ask yourself, "Okay, how many hands does it take to benefit from this piece of wargear?"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Storm Shield is described a single handed weapon isn't it?
    Karathon's correct.

Single handed and double handed only matter for your bonus attack, nothing else. It's been two editions since there were a limit on the number of hand...slots, I guess, on weapons you could have on one model. Now you can have twelve pistols and five ccw and six storm shields, you just won't get +1A for it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I think in the last codex there was a snip it saying this was a "good tactic and makes for a cool looking model" or something. I know that's the last edition but there are no rule changes in reguard to this.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by His_Dudeness View Post
    I think in the last codex there was a snip it saying this was a "good tactic and makes for a cool looking model" or something. I know that's the last edition but there are no rule changes in reguard to this.
    Correct.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

Hey, Katharan.

It doesn't look like the SS/Daemonblade combo is an option. The Malleus inquisitor doesn't have the ability to choose from the Inquisitorial Armory (it's options are pretty well specified as far as weapons go). The only option from the wargear section that isn't hard coded is the Inquisitorial Relics section. Whew on that.
    Rob
    http://itoysoldiers.com/user/16

Chapter-Master

You can take Inquisitor Hector Rex, though.

That, in fact, is probably the thing that bugs me the most about the GK codex (other than the lack of Fearless). Sword and shield Grey Knights would look so awesome, but you can't do that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You can take Inquisitor Hector Rex, though.

That, in fact, is probably the thing that bugs me the most about the GK codex (other than the lack of Fearless). Sword and shield Grey Knights would look so awesome, but you can't do that.
    Until someone with sense said that if Paladins had that it would be tooo op. The op goods got smacked for that one.

Chapter-Master

Yes, they would have had to design a lot of stuff differently.

Maybe with the GK codex update? Any rumors on when that's supposed to be?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast