BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think Haighus is correct. The only counter argument is that markerlights can modify the BS of overwatch and snap shots (which is more or less what the Syphon is doing). Unfortunately in their usual fashion GW did not use a standard term when setting the opponent BS to 1 they just typed it out. Although codex GK was written before snap shots was a thing, so....

Might need a bit of a FAQ to find out their intention

So we may see a rash of inquisitors with plasma syphons being dropped into the middle of tau armies to reduce their bs to 1 or draw fire off advancing armies?
    Im sure the guys in the know will find a way to keep him alive or at least make it really hard to kill him.

Veteran-Sergeant

just got my repply from Eddie

Games Workshop: Digital Editions Hi Brett,
    yes, all of those.

'All Plasma weapons, as well as Eldar missile launchers firing plasma missiles, burst cannons, starcannons, all Tau pulse weapons and any weapon described as using ‘plasma’ as its effect or in its special rule'

- Eddie

[url]https://www.facebook.com/GamesWorkshopDigitalEditions/posts/179392615588912?comment_id=281561&offset=0&total_c omments=1&notif_t=feed_comment[/url]

so the GK FAQ is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    So we may see a rash of inquisitors with plasma syphons being dropped into the middle of tau armies to reduce their bs to 1 or draw fire off advancing armies?
    Im sure the guys in the know will find a way to keep him alive or at least make it really hard to kill him.
    Well, seeing as you can take them in valkyries, or give them scout with another wargear option, that's not unfeasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtucker View Post
    just got my repply from Eddie

Games Workshop: Digital Editions Hi Brett,
    yes, all of those.

'All Plasma weapons, as well as Eldar missile launchers firing plasma missiles, burst cannons, starcannons, all Tau pulse weapons and any weapon described as using ‘plasma’ as its effect or in its special rule'

- Eddie

[url]https://www.facebook.com/GamesWorkshopDigitalEditions/posts/179392615588912?comment_id=281561&offset=0&total_c omments=1¬if_t=feed_comment[/url]

so the GK FAQ is right.
    Awesome

More or less how I thought it would then!

Reckon that's going to be a 'must have' bit of equipment then.

As mentioned before, it's certainly the way I've always played it, unless the two would naturally cancel out, in which case they just do (for instance, and hypothetically, I have a boost which allows me to always re-roll failed checks, you have one which says I always re-roll successful. In that situation, neither applies, and everyones smiles.)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

past edition it wasnt really needed much, but now tau, eldar and dark angel plasma are alot more common its deffo gonna be one you see alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Looking at the multiple modifiers section of the rulebook (pg2), you apply multipliers, then additions and subtractions simultaneously, and then finally any set values. So in the case of markerlights and syphon, the fire warriors would get the BS boost, then have it set at BS1, making the markerlights a wasted resource. I think thats how it would work anyway.
    I concur.

Chapter-Master

It wasn't must have when the GK codex dropped, I don't think it will be now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I like dropping it on my grenade inquisitor that accompanies my terminators.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It wasn't must have when the GK codex dropped, I don't think it will be now.
    Sheer number of armies that can field them now though...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast