BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 338 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

*flails*

Loving AC4 so much, I really think it may be the best installment yet.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I've bought 4 for the One, so might give it a go later. Does it take ages to start up like 2 and 3 did?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

In terms of story? Not particularly.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    *flails*

Loving AC4 so much, I really think it may be the best installment yet.
    That's good, the reviews have been good so I'll probably add it to my launch day PS4 purchases, money-willing.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Hope you like it then, I think it's fantastic but as always it won't be to everyones tastes.

Mini-review:

Things I don't like, 'cos there aren't many:

-Free-running is still a bit clumsy at times. Most of the time it works well and is great, every now and then you will still clip a wall or an object and go running off and up a wall perpendicular to the direction you were heading, if perpendicular is the word I'm after in this context. Most of the time mildly annoying, sometimes when chasing enemies or sea shanty pages very annoying.
    -Nasty save game progress deleting bug which I've not had but is very worrisome.

Things I like:
    -Naval combat. It's been changed from AC3, given more depth without making it convoluted. Rather than just sailing past things and pressing 'fire' you actually select each side of your ship via camera and fire the broadsides that way and you control the stern chasers the same way and also drop fire barrels (exploding barrels) from the aft the same way. You can also buy a long range mortar you shoot backwards using the q button. It can be a bit difficult firiring two broadsides at ships on either side of you but most of the time you don't want to do that as you're a pirate not Horatio 'Reckless Sonofab!tch' Hornblower in his la di dah third rate frigate.
    -There are more female characters in the first quarter of AC4 than in all of AC3, both Assassins and Templar, which is so refreshing. They are also good characters, more importantly.
    -Combat is smooth and intuitive, similar to AC3s system but implemented better. Camera also seems more focused, I only lose track of what my character is doing in naval boarding actions where it's quite a cramped focus.
    -The story is excellent, really enjoying it. Quite refreshing to view the Secret War through the perspective of someone who stumbled upon it by accident rather than growing up with the Assassins.
    -The setting is lovely, very beautiful and interesting, you really want to explore every nook and cranny (hur) of the place looking for plantations to raid, smuggler caves, Mayan ruins etc.

That's everything that springs to mind at the moment. Some people are reporting it runs really badly on their high end PC, I've not had any trouble so I don't know what that says.

Chapter-Master

Double XP weekend on planetside 2, so not much else got played this weekend...
    It was fun, but sixteen hours in two days might be enough.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I think I'm going to grab Injustice: Ultimate Edition on PS4 at launch, come to think of it. Thinking of dropping either Battlefield 4 or Killzone: Shadow Fall from my launch line-up. The reality is, with Tyranids coming out I won't have that much to spend on games, so I need to make my three-four initial purchases count. FIFA 14 is obvious as I missed 13, it is a massive time-eater. Assassins' Creed sounds like a great bet as well. I've wanted Injustice for yonks, it turns out it is a good thing I waited. So, Killzone or Battlefield. Tough choice! Or I might drop Assassins' Creed. Ah, decisions, decisions...
    Check out my blog!

Bloody Royal Mail!!! Grrr!

Ordered Guided Fate Paradox on Friday, using Amazon Prime. Game dispatched same day, to my home address.

No bloody sign of it.

If they expect me to go and collect it, they can whistle. Collections office is now the next town over.

Eff you Royal Mail. Eff you right in your recently privatised ear.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    The SO's brother played it through about four times back to back. But I've also heard it described as dodgy controls, and poor camera like an early resident evil to make up for any real tension in the story.
    Last of Us is easily the second best game of the year
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Last of Us is easily the second best game of the year
    Yep, no matter how you slice it is one of the top two games released this year.
    Check out my blog!

Page 4 of 338 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast