BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Who Most Deserves the Next Supplemental Codex?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emperor's Children

24 7.92%
  • Iron Warriors

49 16.17%
  • World Eaters

26 8.58%
  • Alpha Legion

35 11.55%
  • Thousand Sons

68 22.44%
  • Word Bearers

21 6.93%
  • Night Lords

51 16.83%
  • Death Guard

29 9.57%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I think the four non-aligned legions should be the most obvious choices, as the cult legions have cult troops and marks to use with them. Of the four cult legions who deserve it would be 1000 sons. Of the non-aligned I'd say Alpha
    http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/10912-dchingus.htm
    Please help my lil buddy by a lil clicky click

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I wish people would stop trying to use yhe cult troops as justification for the cult legions being alright.

You cannot even try to build a cult lwgion with the codex it is far better at creating a non aligned legion who at least get all their support options consistent than it is a cult legion that effwctively has a single unit in thw book. And when you consider that the only cult hqs arw special characters it geta wven worse.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I wish people would stop trying to use yhe cult troops as justification for the cult legions being alright.
    Agreed, the decision after 'dex 3.5 to make Chaos Marks do something besides give full cult-troop benefits really hurt the 'dex. Having a Nurgle Chaos Lord be less blessed than a Plague Marine is exceedingly bad design.

I gotta go with the Alpha Legion. Love those sneaky *******s.

P.S. you've got to be kidding me with that censor. That word is so tame it's been on network TV for at least the past 30 years.
    Last edited by Ssyrie; 11-14-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: commentary

Chapter-Master

Deserve them? None on a 'moral' basis. On a basis of 'deserve' as a reward fro fighting the long war effectively, either Death Guard or World Eaters. No that pedantry over the wording of the topic is out of the way, which legion could do with a codex the most because it can't represent itself with allies or existing choices?

I'd say Iron Warriors are easy (Warp Smith, IG allies) although could do with more HS choices.
    Word Bearers - pretty generic, dameon allies, dark apostle.
    Death Guard - Lots of options.
    World Eaters - massed zerks - although I would like to see them in Slaves to Darkness status.

So I reckon actually Nightlords probably need an ability to change from vanilla CSM codex to represent - you need drop troops as a troops choice.
    Then maybe Alpha Legion?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

First-Captain

none of those that got the Horus Heresy treatment - I'll go with Thousand Sons since that leaves a lot of possibility for a unique army, with Iron Warriors a close second for much the same reason
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

I think that the answer really needs to be Thousand Sons, largely because trying to make them using the current books leaves them as the weakest (with World Eaters also being able to argue for being the weakest). Death Guard and Emperor's Children can be made competitively with what we have, Iron Warriors can be done with a CSM/Black Legion allied list to get 4 Heavies, and Word Bearers are just CSM with some Cultists and a good amount of allied Daemons.

Yup, Thousand Sons. They need help badly, and there are a lot of easy, no brainer additions they could use. Really, just give chosen, terminators, and rhinos inferno bolts for their combibolters and add a 3-5 man aspiring sorcerer coven entourage option for HQs and I'd be a happy man. Throw in a few fancy wargear options and I just wrote the TS codex supplement.

Of course, I'd eventually like to see all of the major Chaos legions get some supplement love.
    Last edited by The Sovereign; 11-15-2013 at 07:36 AM.

I would really like to see a death guard supplement, that could make chaos a bit more competetive with some luck

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

I have to go Night Lords just because I'm a NL collector and massive fan, yet I know that I'm urinating into the wind with this! Just the whole fluff side and there are characters they can bring into a supplement!

It has to be Iron Warriors or Thousand Sons, they deserve one the most I think!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast