BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Who's your favourite loyalist Primarch?

Voters
480. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corvus Corax

46 9.58%
  • Leman Russ

109 22.71%
  • Sanguinius

78 16.25%
  • The Khan

15 3.13%
  • The Lion

70 14.58%
  • Rogal Dorn

58 12.08%
  • Roboute Gulliman

39 8.13%
  • Ferrus Manus

25 5.21%
  • Vulkan

40 8.33%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Who's you favourite loyalist Primarch?

So, for those of us who prefer our primarchs with a little less heresy in their blood, here's the vote.

I'm nailing my colours to the mast from the off. Corax. Dude has mega cool lightning claws and whip for weapons. He has mad ninja skills. Isn't a glory hog like the rest, yet could beat all the loyalists in a fight. Has super smarts that let him figure how to upgrade the astartes creation process. Isn't emotionally stunted like the rest of them. Oh and he can turn INVISIBLE.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Rogal Dorn easily for me he is the epitomy of what a primarch is suposed to be. he is well respected a genious when it comes to defensive construction and lets face it he is one of the last loyalist primarchs to disapear/ be killed. So while everyone else has died or gone off to find themselves he is kicking traitor faces and stopping a black crusade... seriously cant get any better then that. hell look at the whole perturbo thing he answered the question honestly and if started off the anamosity between the brothers.

Chapter-Master

Sanguinius.

I'll come back later and wax poetic about why, but I need to defrost some chicken for dinner.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Sanguinius.

Humility, loyalty, empathy, the belief that humanity can be so much more and appreciation for the arts. Below the angelic surface lies bitter rage, sorrow, regret, suppressed thirst for blood. He is the ideal, even his own sons try to shield him from wrongs, because no one would want to see him fall. He is the spirit of the emporium, a visual manifestation of the righteousness and glory the emperor bestows upon humanity. Horus couldn't or wouldn't even try to turn him ( looked upon erabus's attempt with contempt/hatred and jealously). The chaos gods wanted him, for a symbol. For that's what he is, a symbol of righteousness, of glories to come, a banner of hope and the epitome of the holy right to do whatever the f$&k you think is right.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Leman Russ. Your Primarch didn't have any tanks named after them did they? Oh? Well...I'm sure they're nice.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Sanguinius.

I'll come back later and wax poetic about why, but I need to defrost some chicken for dinner.
    I went with Sanguinius too, without doubt one of the the most noble of the primarchs. Paid the ultimate sacrifice for his father and his beliefs. Loved his legion like a true father despite their flaws. Vulcan and Ferrus are a very close second and third.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    Leman Russ. Your Primarch didn't have any tanks named after them did they? Oh? Well...I'm sure they're nice.
    This made me chuckle.

Edit: Now I'm more awake, I'm going to make a more eloquent case for Corax and explain why he's far nobler than Sanguinius. may contain spoilers.

Humility. Whilst Sanguinius wanders around looking like an angel, being Mr Perfect and admired by his brothers, Corax has to hide in the shadows, his way of war looked down on with scorn by several of his brothers who see it as unmanly or even cowardly. Never once does he rankle at this unjust portrayal, never on e does he complain. He knows he has the love and respect of his father and that the Imperium needs his way of way. It's what he was created for and he accepts his place gladly and without the need to seek constant reassurance and love from his father.

When his legion is massacred in front of his eyes, he doesn't enter a berserk rage or a howling bloodthirst, he doesn't throw his life away in futile gesture so desperation. He weeps. Not even for the loss of his own sons, but for the sheer senselessness of it all, for the loss of everything the Imperium could have been. He weeps with pity for the fall of his brothers and their sons, even as they murder his own sons. When Angron finally corners him, he accepts his inevitable death with calm resolve, intent on fighting as a Primarch should.

Once he escapes the horror of Istvaan, he searches his own soul for his own weaknesses, seeing how he could have turned into Curze, how his own potential for treachery made him afraid to kill Lorgar and Curze. He seeks to rebuild his own legion not for his own sense of loss, but so he can serve the Emperor again and bring justice to his foes.

He is the truest of the Emperors sons. Selfless. Humble. Stronger than most of the rest, yet never feels the need to flaunt it. Emotionally aware enough to see his own weaknesses and failings. Unflinchingly loyal, even through all he suffers. From his earliest days he sought to protect the weak form the strong, to oppose and end tyranny in all it's forms. A champion of the people. What more could a Primarch be.

Oh, and did I mention he can turn INVISIBLE?
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 11-08-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Alpha Legion Operative

Sanguinius.

"It should have been him" - Horus

That is all.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    He is the truest of the Emperors sons. Selfless. Humble. Stronger than most of the rest, yet never feels the need to flaunt it. Emotionally aware enough to see his own weaknesses and failings. Unflinchingly loyal, even through all he suffers. From his earliest days he sought to protect the weak form the strong, to oppose and end tyranny in all it's forms. A champion of the people. What more could a Primarch be.
    I think the thing that makes him one of the best is that he's the least like a son of the Emperor. The Emperor is a disgusting creature, a genocidal psychic construct with the sole purpose of eradicating all other sentient life so that mankind is the only species left to rule the galaxy. Corax is, as you say, quiet and thoughtful. He's still a horrible creature, because all of the primarchs are due to being made of the Emperor and devoted to his will, but in terms of the good of mankind he is, as you say, the most good and thoughtful.

Vulkan and Sanguinius are pretty good too. At the very least we know that the Salamanders and Blood Angels are known for actually caring about the people and wanting to protect them rather than just carrying out their mission because that's what they're told to do (or worse, like the Iron Hands, despising humans and thinking them weak despite being created for the purpose of protecting them). We don't really know much about Khan yet, he's only recently being touched upon. I feel he's had next to nothing said about him so far, so it will be great to be able to see him as one of the primarchs rather than just a guy in the background who happened to be involved.

Occuli Imperator

Sanguinius - he is the bestest eva!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast