BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default 2k All Killer No Filler

Hey Lounge Nation.

I'm scaling up my games from 1500 to 2,000 and have come up with the following list, but would love feedback, validation or critiques.

Lords
    Lifeweaver - Level 4, Wand of Wych Elm, Resplendence of Luminescence - 330
    Deployed where I need magical attacks (nearest the Slann, Banshees or other Ethereal Targets)

Heroes
    BSB Noble - BSB, Hail of Doom Arrow, Asyendil's Bane, Light Armor - 132
    Deployed centrally to get the best Ld Bubble)

Hunter Noble - Great Eagle, Light Armor, Enchanted Shield, Ogre Blade, Luckstone -181
    (Hunting Lone Characters, War Machines and Engaging Shooting Units from advantageous angles)

Core
    Winter Guard (20) - Glade Guard with Musician - 246
    Summer Guard (15) - Glade Gard with Musician and Banner of Eternal Flame
    (Park in front of Anything with Regen. Maybe Temple Guard, or Chimerae)
    Spring Guard - Musician - 126

Special
    TreeKin (6) - 390

Rare
    Great Eagle - 50
    Great Eagle - 50
    Treeman - 285

So, what do you think? Do I need more Dryads/Wardancers to redirect and flank attack? Do I need to take less flying MC's?
    Last edited by jberrysf; 11-03-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Chapter-Master

So, the only critique I have is this: you have bought a lot of magical items for your lords and heroes. I don't know if this is a thing about the Wood Elves army book - maybe it's more necessary there than it is with mine - but I've always gone with the "boys before toys" approach when it comes to cool doo-dads. Take what you need to allow the character to do what s/he has to do - for example, my lone Slann certainly needs to be Ethereal, otherwise you'll shoot him to death - but the ones that are just fun are better off being converted into additional models.

Also, I question the utility of a Banner of Eternal Flame. There's this one Life spell I can use to make my dudes regenerate, and I might not even roll that. Unless you think your army is going to be weak against one of those that has native Regeneration in a significant portion of the army - Orks & Goblins and Chaos with their ability to field Trolls, for example - it's probably not going to make its points back.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

You are absolutely right, I am taking a ton of toys in this list and normally, I try to stay away from overdoing it, but in the case of the Noble on an Eagle, at 125 (base points with the Eagle) he has a 6+ armor save and 3 strength 4 hits at initiative 7. Take that up to 137 with the Light Armor, Enchanted Shield and Luckstone and its a 3+ with 1 free reroll. 141 to make him S6 Always strikes last, 166 to make any attacks in a challenge hit on 6s and 181 to make opponents reroll successful ward saves. I agree that I could drop the Luckstone, the Annoyance of Netlings and the Other Trickster's Shard, cutting 45 points, but I think that gives him a much stronger ability to do assloads of damage in challenges.

I think, after some pondering, I'm dropping the 3 items I named and am going with an Ogre Blade for +2 Strength, with no initiative penalty.

With Wood Elves, stock we suck, so it's coming to how can I equip this unit to make it playably useful.